!2s socket fitting to car wiring in

Sep 1, 2022
Visit site
Morning, I have a vitara 2004 with only 12n socket fitted just bought an abbey vogue 1997 2 birth forgot to look but would have thought it has the 2 sockets (Black grey for fridge) how easy is it to wire in a grey socket or is it best done by auto electrician?

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Morning, I have a vitara 2004 with only 12n socket fitted just bought an abbey vogue 1997 2 birth forgot to look but would have thought it has the 2 sockets (Black grey for fridge) how easy is it to wire in a grey socket or is it best done by auto electrician?

That depends. I find it easy, but have done many. I have no idea of your experience. Some people would always struggle. But if I were doing it I would upgrade to a 13 pin system at the same time.

There is lots of advice on line and in YouTube to research.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
As others have advised convert the car to 13 pin they are so much better and less connection faults will arise. If the caravan is still old style twin you can buy converters to interface with your cars 13 pin.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
For years we towed with the black plug only,we didn't bother using the grey plug - it was unused.The van was stored in the drive and we cooled the fridge down overnight before we set off the next day,the fridge remained cool all day until we arrived at site.

Reactions: Bluetonic and Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts