3 pin connector

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
John
Surely the primary ethos of any forum is to offer thoughts and ideas that may result in a resolution.
Most of us are out of short trousers now so appreciate elementary safety issues.
I have used various forums over the years on my car for example which have saved me thousands.
When the day comes that all forumites can only refer posters to an"expert" then I for one will have to hang up my hitch and go elsewhere.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Quite so Dusty,

But lets make it clear, I do not tell every one to seek professional help on every question, but when a question is clearly not being answered successfully for what ever reason, then the obvious route is to seek proper local help.

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
Dustydog said:
John
Surely the primary ethos of any forum is to offer thoughts and ideas that may result in a resolution.
Most of us are out of short trousers now so appreciate elementary safety issues.
I have used various forums over the years on my car for example which have saved me thousands.
When the day comes that all forumites can only refer posters to an"expert" then I for one will have to hang up my hitch and go elsewhere.

Quite right DD,
just ponder for a minute and think "what if" say in 20 years time someone buys my old van and asks a question " I have just bought this old van it has got a connector hanging of the front what is it for" all the replies are "whooo never seen one of those must be a bodge job as you are not allowed to do any work on a trailer thats not certified, better take it to an expert it may be dangerous or blow the van up.
reason all us oldies have gone and no-one remembers having rearveiw cameras fitted back in the past.
"aye" welcome to the future :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi , it took a while but I think I have the solution.
Popular opinion on a swedish forum identified it as a direct coupling to the refridgerator under transport (i.e 12v DC )
This I confirmed(ish) by tracing the cable as far as the RF cabinet. Without pulling the RF unit out completely I cannot say definately that this is where it terminates but I am 99% certain. A feature I have not missed and will therefore tuck it back where I found it and forget about it!
Thanks for all the suggestions (as well as the lively off topic discussion)
I'll be back with a new mystery as soon it turns up :whistle:

TRENDING THREADS