3 up front

Mar 31, 2017
Visit site
Hi all,

Our 1999 Ducato 230 based motorhome only has 2 front seats and with an 8 year old son on the autistic spectrum we would love to have 3 up front. I have seen from other forums that the single seat can easily be replaced with a double seat but I have an issue - where to find one ??? It's old enough not to be a van that's no longer used by traders etc. any more so spares are harder to find. We don't really mind if the seats don't match the driver seat.
All seats advertised on ebay seem to be from 2002 onwards.
I don't suppose that anyone has the mounting hole dimensions of those seats - I was wondering if they were the same as the older models?
Any pointers would really be appreciated.

I have checked MOT and insurance legalities etc and not an issue. Just getting a seat that will fit!

Many thanks

Nick, Claire and Joshua (and Ruggles the dog)

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
At one time, you could drill holes in the floor and fit any old seat. That's rightly frowned on nowadays, so yes, you'll at least need one with the right spacing between fixings.
Do you have any breakers' yards near you? Some of them will let you clamber around with a tape measure and socket set, to get what you need. Others do the dismantling themselves and sell the items from stock.
EBay is only one online source - have you tried Goodling "double seat mk1 ducato?"

Mar 31, 2017
Visit site
Thanks Tony - oh yes, searching everywhere - had some help on another forum and think that a 2002-2006 seat may fit. A friendly ebayer is going to measure up for me on Tuesday - hopefully that'll allow me to check my mountings - I was told that the x244 has the same cab floor plan as the X230. If this is the case then I will have a choice of quite a few on ebay - will post my findings !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts