Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I currently tow my 2005 Bailey Pageant Bretagne with my 2.5 V6 Vectra which does an excellent job.I would however like to carry a few extra pieces of equipment namely a generator etc. I am thinking of getting a 4 x 4 namely a Mitsubishi Pajero as there are dealers near me who will service the imports etc at a reasonable price. Does anyone have one of these long wheelbase 2.5 or 2.8 turbos for towing and any info on economy etc.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi John, I tow with the LWB 2.8TD Exceed. Brilliant towcar, if a bit thirsty, but then it's only money!! I still average between 20 -26 mpg depending on length of journey & how much of a hurry I'm in! Try www.pocuk.com the Pajero owners site, you'll get lots of info there & very helpful advice if you pose a query. Incidently don't let anyone tell you that parts are difficult to obtain, they're readily available. Good luck

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
www.pocuk.com is a great site with good members always willing to help out. I used to go on there a bit when I had my Paj engined Range Rover. Pulled great even bolted to the original autobox, but fuel consumptin was an issue. My 200TDi Discovery averages 27 mpg mixed driving and 24 if pushed hard while towing (which it normally does!). A great platform that I can use both as family car, tug and offroader.

What more could I ask for....?

I know, fuel tax brought down to an acceptable level!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts