Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Go for the one with the higher residuals because there isnt too much to choose between them. If after 3 or so years you want to change you want it to be worth something.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Angie - have a look at What Car they have reviewed most models. They only give 2 stars to the Santa F'e and 4 stars to the X Trail. I have an X Trail and it is great both solo and towing. If you go for an X Trail go for the diesel better performance and residual value.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have a Santa Fe 2.0 diesel turbo and tow a 1340kg van - superb. I would say its the best tow car I've had - BX's/Xantias/Musso.

the best thing though is the warranty (5years) and service intervals (10000/12 month). Prices arent bad either.

Obviously the Hyundai will hold its value better now with recent BMW input. Nissan is glorified Datsun with related problems. Diesel engine is same as Montego/Maestro so strong but unrefined

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Angie

I have owned a Nissan X-Trail for the past 5 months and towed about 3500 miles with it. It is proving to be an excellent towcar, 60mph in 6th gear with no problem only needing to change down on steeper hills. Economy has been between 23 and 27 mpg whilst towing which hopefully will improve a little as the engine loosens up. Not sure I ever looked at the Santa Fe so can't comment on why I choose the X-Trail against it.

David

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
the xtrail is the choice for towing vans upto approx 1350 kg the 85% figure, the sannta fe is better for heavier vans but i consider it underpowered against the xtrail, never seen a bad road test for nissan xtrail, never seen a good one for the santa fe, but the 5 year warranty is good, but then you may need it. had two primaras over a period of 7 years and never had one brake down, awainting 2.2 xtrail this week

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
What a hoot Ed Haven't laughed so much for a while.A Montego engine in an X hillarious.Related problems ??? Datsun?? you have a long memory but is it up to date ?? Related problems in the current X .Haven't been back to the dealer for 12 months since purchase.I've just realised what you mean. Recycling ---melted down Montegos reborn as Nissans / Datsuns .The X factor moves in mysterious ways.Keep up the good work !!

Best car so far in 40+ years driving. What a hoot----Montego ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Does anyone own a Hyundai Tucson and towed with it? On paper it sounds very good but I am not sure whether the 2.0 diesel or the 2.7 petrol will be best.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
great tow car but 2.2dci has a strange noise which starts at approx 2300rpm.this is spot on the 60mph limit in 5th gear!!! drives us mad,nissan know there is a problem but dont know what it is.(try the kia sedonna wish we had).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts