6 berth caravan layout?

Jul 14, 2018
Visit site
Hi,
I’m looking at changing to a 6 berth caravan later in the year but I’m not sure if the layout I want exists!!

I would like:
1) The front seats to be full size (some seem to have shorter seats than I currently have)

2) Fixed double bed

3) Side dinette

4) Sepetate shower and toilet.

I see a good few about but they either have short front seats or combined shower/toilet.

Can anybody reply with some Manufacturers and models which have all the above?

Many thanks,

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
If you look in PC you will see towards the back a number of pages showing different layouts and lists of caravans that conform to the respective layout. I too sometimes see a layout I like but to keep van length down the penalty is often short front lounge seats. I can go without a full end bathroom as I don’t spend as long there as I do on the front seats. There’s always site facilities too.

Jul 14, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. I should of stated that I’ll be buying second hand so the layouts for the new caravans in PC maybe too new for me, thank you though.

It is all about finding the right balance. I understand this would be a long van but to me it would be perfect. Like you say, short seats or combined toilet/shower......with four of us I would go for the longer seats.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi. Look on Caravanfinder. You can search by layout, and this will bring up second hand and newer models. Swift do the layout you want, and I think Sprite? We used to have that layout on a single axle elddis but the lounge was short and the wetroom very bijou.

mel

Jul 14, 2018
Visit site
There are plenty of 6 berths but not many with full length seats, double bed and have a toilet and shower that are sepetate. We have to make the bed up in our current caravan and fancy going to a fix double bed now.
Budget up to around 12k

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Its a decent budget , ours is a 6 berth but only used as a 4 and we we make our bed up ( 5 minutes ) and the front seats are quite long, long enough for me and my wife on each seat to sleep comfortably if we can't be bothered with making the bed up which we have done once or twice. Our bathroom toilet and shower ain't separate but large enough and spacious enough in the one area.

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
We have a 2010 Lunar Ulitma tl which is a dealer special of the Lexon Tl
It is a 6 berth double dinette and we use both front and rear seats as single beds. Beds 5 & 6 pull up behind the rear seats.
The bathroom and toilet are in the middle but not separate although it is not a wet room and has a shower cubical
I sometimes see these caravans advertised on the internet.
One other thing it is a twin axle

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I cannot think of anything to suit with a separate toilet and shower to suit, it would take up far too much room.
The layout you want is available but in very limited numbers from Lunar and Swift but they may take some finding. Generally the layouts in the magazine will apply to older models but not always and it will not show the length of the front singles.so if you find the layout you will need to ask . A thorough search of the adverts will be needed but if looking at classified adds be cautious of any that look too cheap and do a thorough check before buying.
If you gave an idea of your budget it might help to narrow down the list.

Jul 14, 2018
Visit site
Yes, I think it will be like finding a needle in a haystack! Will be looking at spending approx 12k.
The idea behind it is that the children will sleep on the two front seats either as singles or a double and we have the double fixed bed. When we get up in the morning we can sit at the side dinette while the teenagers still sleep! We have a separate toilet and shower cubicle in our current van and would hate to let it go but, I& it’s a choice of longer front seats or combined toilet and shower then the front seatwould win.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Have you not thought about bunk beds for the kids at rear like us and make up bed for you? The rear end is partitioned off so kids still sleep and we still have our front bit in the caravan to ourselves?

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi again Wyrewanderer, can I suggest that you look at Bailey Valencia as well. I know it's not a 6 berth but the front lounge is long enough to easily do single beds; about 6 foot each. It also has a decent size end washroom. We have one and the grandkids easily sleep on the front singles. It also has a fixed bed.
Just a thought.
Mel

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Anseo said:
OP,

Just out of interest, why is a separate shower and toilet a priority for you?

Thanks.

I too was thinking that , it might be a hard combination to find where as my bathroom and toilet are central, I have a walk-in shower which is very spacious & which is lovely to use and and plenty room on the toilet for doing what you need to do :sick: :lol: . Most times I will use the on site facilities anyway.

Jul 14, 2018
Visit site
Anseo, we have a large end washroom in our current van and I suppose we have got used to it. It’s great for privacy for getting changed (teenage son and daughter) and the thoughts of nipping to a wet loo when someone has just had a shower doesn’t appeal to me. Yes I know we could use on site facilities but I suppose we just like our own home comforts!

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Wyrewanderer said:
Anseo, we have a large end washroom in our current van and I suppose we have got used to it. It’s great for privacy for getting changed (teenage son and daughter) and the thoughts of nipping to a wet loo when someone has just had a shower doesn’t appeal to me. Yes I know we could use on site facilities but I suppose we just like our own home comforts!

AH!, I see your reasoning now.

Makes perfect sense.

Thanks for the reply.

Regards,
Anseo

Jul 14, 2018
Visit site
Hi again Wyrewanderer, can I suggest that you look at Bailey Valencia as well. I know it's not a 6 berth but the front lounge is long enough to easily do single beds; about 6 foot each. It also has a decent size end washroom. We have one and the grandkids easily sleep on the front singles. It also has a fixed bed.
Just a thought.
Mel

Will look at that, thanks Mel

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Wyrewanderer

If this is a significant upgrade both in facilities and size, I'm guessing it will take your outfits combined MAM over 3500kg, in which case yo will need to have entitlement BE or B+E on your driving licence. If you passed your test before jan 1997 you will be OK but if after that date you could be in trouble. Please check

Jul 14, 2018
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
Hello Wyrewanderer

If this is a significant upgrade both in facilities and size, I'm guessing it will take your outfits combined MAM over 3500kg, in which case yo will need to have entitlement BE or B+E on your driving licence. If you passed your test before jan 1997 you will be OK but if after that date you could be in trouble. Please check

Good to point that out but passed about 10 yrs before 1997 and have the required entitlement. Thanks

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I've never seen an example of the layout that you want, but had you considered a fixed bed / end washroom / full length front benches model using an awning with a table and chairs in to eat breakfast if your family sleep later?

Jul 14, 2018
Visit site
Parksy said:
I've never seen an example of the layout that you want, but had you considered a fixed bed / end washroom / full length front benches model using an awning with a table and chairs in to eat breakfast if your family sleep later?

That’s looking like the most likely option so far. I have seen a few with the layout I’d like but at over 22k they are more than I want to spend at the moment. With two tall teenage children I just find sone vans are too cramped inside and my original layout plan would give us plenty of room in the van as well as the full size awning.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts