A big hello from Norfolk

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Hello from a Newbie.
Hi all my names Damian i'm 39 and i'm married to April with 2 young daughters. We have only just got into caravaning as of last year, we previously had a 10 man tent with all the usual equipment such as Porta potti, portable gas stove, electric hook up cable etc etc which we all put into a trailer. After a few successful trips to cornwall we decided to upgrade to a caravan and we are so glad we did, the kids love it and it feels a lot more cosier. Our first trip last year was to the vauxhall holiday park in Gt Yarmouth as it wasn't to far to travel for our first trip. I have to say that towing the van wasn't as daunting as we first thought (left a bit, right a bit, mind that cyclist and we're there
smiley-wink.gif
) Our set up includes a 2000 crown (now Elddis) Explorer pulled by a 08 2ltr mondeo estate TDCI which i feel is quite a nice match. Next week we are off to Golden Sands holiday park in mablethorpe and this time we have learned a few valuble lessons from our last outing such as never use to much loo roll as your truely had the great time of trying to empty it and always check your fixtures and fittings so that you dont have the inconvenience of waking up at 3am to the bed breaking as the slats were not secure, oh well we live and learn. Now we have a new awning so let the fun begin on putting that up atleast it should be more roomier. now we just have to hope for a small miracle and for the sun to find its way from behind those clouds.
Have a safe and happy holiday this year.
Damian

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi Damian welcome to the forum. Caravanning is just great for the children. Good luck with the awning (aka divorce in a bag
smiley-smile.gif
). Never mind sunshine, it would be great if it would just stop snowing.
mel

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Damian, April and family, welcome to the Practical Caravan forum.
smiley-laughing.gif

Congratulations on becoming a tugger and I hope that the weather improves for your trip to Mablethorpe next week.
Enjoy the forum and if there's anything that you're not sure about - just ask
smiley-smile.gif

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Morning Damian
Congratulations on your new found hobby. You will not regret it
smiley-kiss.gif
There are plenty of very wise caravanners on here from all walks of life. Never be afraid to ask any questions no matter how silly they may seem. We all started at some time.
Hope you try and get away as often as possible. Kids love adventures as do mum and dad's . That's what weekends are for
smiley-wink.gif

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
Welcome to you all. Glad you are enjoying caravanning - you'll never regret the move up from a tent. Every trip will be an adventure for the children and they will learn so much as you travel to various places, with lots to see and do.
Happy and safe caravanning
smiley-smile.gif

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
hi Damian,
Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on finding your new hobby so enjoyable its even better when the sun shines.
if you want to know anything about caravanning your in the right place just ask!!!.
ps. I like the bit about the loo roll!! we have all done that
smiley-laughing.gif
in fact theres a whole bunch of us that converse about such matters.
"The Woosies" but more of that later as you settle in to the forum.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Hello Damian
Welcome to the forum........
Just for you i have dug this post up to help you with too much loo paper removal......
smiley-wink.gif

Sproket said:
Here are some Photos of how to remove the spout, it needs to be as far round as in photo two & a gentle pull up will remove it from the cassette.
When putting the spout back in, press down as you turn it back round....
smiley-wink.gif

Caravanaccesories134.jpg
Caravanaccesories135.jpg
Caravanaccesories136.jpg
Caravanaccesories137-1.jpg
Caravanaccesories138.jpg

simplesmeerkat.jpg
gifs-garfield-3.gif

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the Forum.
A tip for you - that yellow cap on the end of the spout (see photos above) has a mind of its own and tries to jump down the drain
smiley-cry.gif
. Just make sure you keep it well away from the drain when emptying the cassette
smiley-wink.gif

Happy 'vanning.

TRENDING THREADS