A big wuss

Feb 6, 2024
Visit site
When I empty the wastemaster I have to lift it up about 3 or 4 bricks high to access the drain, is there a drainage hose I could screw on to at least partially empty some of the water to make it lighter to lift, if not see you on dragons den.

Feb 13, 2024
Visit site
When I empty the wastemaster I have to lift it up about 3 or 4 bricks high to access the drain, is there a drainage hose I could screw on to at least partially empty some of the water to make it lighter to lift, if not see you on dragons den.
Don't let it get too full, making it easier to lift, simples.

Reactions: Richtee180
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yeah that suddenly dawned on me a minute ago, my other idea is a battery operated submersible pump.
That means finding a battery to power it, where do you store it all so it doesn't contaminate anything else, and its extra weight in the caravan.

Simpler to either use it less, or empty it before it gets too full.

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
Try and lift it up to here for emptying! Pentewen Sands, Cornwall. I managed it once, "unfortunately" it sprung a leak after that attempt so was a lot lighter to lift.
waste.jpg

• Wow
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Only fill it to what you can manage then it should be piece of cake to lift .

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We use mainly CAMH sites and they have a drain at the service points just for this job. Most sites use this system and I would not return to any that required you to lift the waste.
Not sure a pump is a good idea as there is often some solid matter from things like washing up there, so you would need to be careful as to the pump used.

Reactions: GaryB
Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
I love the convenience of a fully serviced pitch but being constrained to school holidays and being tight, I find the pitch cost eye-watering (although we have got one when we go to the Isle of Wight in July).

As for those suggesting to empty the Wastemaster before it gets full, I'd be emptying three times a day! Three of us showering, washing the dishes etc, it soon gets full. There isn't really an easy-fix, but accessible emptying points make life a lot more convenient.

Reactions: Hutch
May 7, 2012
Visit site
Providing you have a ground level drain to empty the waste water there is no need to worry about having to lift it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts