A Brilliant Way of Keeping a Tradition Alive during the lockdown.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Brilliant! They must all have recorded their parts separately and then put them all together because different devices and internet speeds give mixed results as our Birmingham choir discovered when we had a go at practicing via the internet during lockdown.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I posted that because SWMBO. Is half Cornish. And now our children are fully. Celtic. . Let's hope we all get through this time.

Reactions: Parksy
Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
I suspect ever singer made their own recording which was then e-mailed to a central point where someone retimed all of the recordings to synchronise (not difficult with modern kit, just time consuming) and added a bit of 'church reverb to make it sound 'natural.'

Reactions: camel and Parksy

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I suspect ever singer made their own recording which was then e-mailed to a central point where someone retimed all of the recordings to synchronise (not difficult with modern kit, just time consuming) and added a bit of 'church reverb to make it sound 'natural.'
Spot on
There is computer software such as Mixcloud which I have on my laptop computer.
The recording technique was been around for years, but it's now entirely possible for a reasonably competent person to mix the separate digital tracks at home to create recordings.
It would be impossible for any choir to perform remotely in real time.

Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
Thanks Hutch, yours bought a real lump to my throat... Back in my childhood watching County Championship Rugby with my Dad at Redruth, being in the middle of a crowd singing Trelawny "bel tink" was more than fantastic...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts