A frame hitch cover

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Thought we would get this for our caravan and hope no light fingered person decides that they would like it for their caravan. Mainly for when we are out and about as in the storage location I am unsure.

A frame hitch cover.jpg

Reactions: Dustydog
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Well what did you expect, bought my van New, the dealer said do you want one of our covers, is it free, No. £20 sorry not paying to advertise your dealer ship.
What they didn't want to pay you for advertising their dealership? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I think it's more of a case of the dealer wanting to charge for the cover!

One of the first things I always do after purchasing a car is remove any dealers stickers from the rear window, why should I advertise their business? Especially for free?
I do the same my that A frame cover is not advertising any dealership. LOL!

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Presumably some folks don't have, designer clothes with their names on;T shirts promoting something or other; car dealers name on number plate; Apple insignia on back of phone or laptop or tablet; makers name on caravan;ditto awning;and so on etc.

Everyones own choice.

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Thought we would get this for our caravan and hope no light fingered person decides that they would like it for their caravan. Mainly for when we are out and about as in the storage location I am unsure.

View attachment 6865
Closest I ever got was when I passed by Cape Town while working on an oil tanker.

Actually not so much working as stuck on board as I'd finished my work but they wouldn't stop to let me off until we got to the Persian Gulf.

We got supplies from SA and I think I remember a beer called something like Orangiboom. Whatever, it was very nice.

JRT

May 5, 2024
Visit site
Our hitch cover is just a plain grey one. No branding what so ever. The one that came with the 'van with the dealer branding on was very poor quality.

This one is much more durable and is now about nine years old and has been used on two different 'vans.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240528-170848.png
    Screenshot_20240528-170848.png
    653.5 KB · Views: 7

JRT

May 5, 2024
Visit site
We just have a small plaque on the back of the 'van with 'Teesside Caravans' on. It's quite discreet so I haven't bothered to try and remove it.

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
Presumably some folks don't have, designer clothes with their names on;T shirts promoting something or other; car dealers name on number plate; Apple insignia on back of phone or laptop or tablet; makers name on caravan;ditto awning;and so on etc.

Everyones own choice.

Seek out a chap called "Henry Priestman" and have a listen to his song "Just say no to thd logo" It's very good,

JRT

May 5, 2024
Visit site
I think it's more of a case of the dealer wanting to charge for the cover!

One of the first things I always do after purchasing a car is remove any dealers stickers from the rear window, why should I advertise their business? Especially for free?
Similar here too...
I insist on them removing it if the car is used or if new do not fit one before the car is delivered. Main reason being they are normally over the heated window element and I have always understood this is not a good idea. Plus if they remove it and cause damage that's their problem to sort not mine.

(I realise on modern cars it may OK to have something stuck over the element but my thoughts on it go back a good few years).

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I use one of these. Agree not so and so’s dealership.
BTW , nothing wrong with personalised number plates. 😎

Attachments

• IMG_6295.jpeg
    IMG_6295.jpeg
    304.1 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: Buckman
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Well I'm sorry but I have a dealer one, yes it came with the van and the reason I use it is because the quality of this one is very good, some I have had crack up and split, this ones doing well so far.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I use this on our caravan nothing to fancy a XL size a frame cover but with extra long straps and waterproof.

Attachments

• 61irEzKYWRL._AC_SX679_.jpg
    61irEzKYWRL._AC_SX679_.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 3
May 7, 2012
Visit site
We have a dealer supplied one. Given when we are on site the dealer is often a hundred or more miles away then the advertising is not going to work that well, but I have had good service with them, so if it helps them it is no problem to me.
Personally I hope it protects the area it covers, but as many people manage without I may be wrong.

Reactions: Dustydog
Aug 24, 2020
Visit site
I've got a dealer-specific A-frame cover - it came with the caravan before last, and advertises the dealer that caravan was bought from when new, i.e. NOT who I bought it from! It looks horrible, covered in green mould, but it keeps the rain off of the 13-pin plug and the handbrake mechanism!

And yes, the 13-pin is also protected with a "green tool", but belt and braces!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts