A good summer. Maybe., What have you got lined up.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Our caravan gets serviced tomorrow, looked at it a couple of days ago, all looks good except for absolutly filthy outside, we store it in a barn.
Horrible weather today, but the forcast for the next few weeks are looking really good, is this the start for a really good summer, I hope so.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Our caravan gets serviced tomorrow, looked at it a couple of days ago, all looks good except for absolutly filthy outside, we store it in a barn.
Horrible weather today, but the forcast for the next few weeks are looking really good, is this the start for a really good summer, I hope so.
Hoping all your plans come to fruition and you have enjoyable holidays

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Whatever anyones activities a good summer makes them so much better. Apart from exterior painting when the warmth doesn't help the flow of the paint. But I can live with a less than perfect soffits and fascias as within week they start to look grubby again. Guess what is my next job?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Whatever anyones activities a good summer makes them so much better. Apart from exterior painting when the warmth doesn't help the flow of the paint. But I can live with a less than perfect soffits and fascias as within week they start to look grubby again. Guess what is my next job?
Pricing up, 😉UPC ones they last longer and look great. £60 ayear to be cleaned.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Just spent a week at Swiss farm site, in Henley on Thames nice camp with fully serviced pitch, next trip I’ll probably try somewhere local ish and got a 3 week pitch in mablethorpe in about 8 weeks, I intend to get out as much as possible, far too much doom and gloom in the world to sit at home worrying about the future let’s enjoy while we can.

BP

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
We've got small trips away planned for almost every month until October.

In between these I have to replace all the guttering and downpipes when the weather improves. Currently they're galvanised steel but haven't weathered well, so as much as I dislike plastic that's what they'll be replaced with.

When the weathers not so good we'll continue painting the inside of the house - both walls and woodwork.

As for the other jobs I need to unroll the toilet roll to see the full list that's written on both sides :)

• Haha
Reactions: Hutch
Feb 17, 2018
Visit site
Off to Gower peninsula tomorrow for 10 days, 10days Green Acres carlisle in June, weekend break Daisy Bank for 3 days in July, 10days Chainbridge Berwick upon Tweed September.
Making the most of it this year, as we hardly used the van last year.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Thought we had it all lined up and sorted this year, new van, new car, 40th wedding Anniversary, more time off work, equaled more time away.

Managed to squeeze in four nights last weekend at a local site 12 miles from home!! And thats it for now I'm afraid .

As Dusty Dog once said "it's no fun getting old"

Things can creep up on you unexpectedly, I was being treated for one thing and then the second hit me.

Spending the 22nd May (Our Anniversary) having a PCR test then having to shield for 3 days and then off into hospital for an operation on the 25th.
Have to wait until after the op for the results to see where I go from there then a decision will be made as to what further treatment will be required.

Get out there and enjoy folks.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
That doesn't sound too good Kevin but things may turn out not so bad.
I would say ....."got the T shirt" but that maybe a bit flippant..... anyway GOOD LUCK with it all.

.....we are out there!!
Away at the moment on a two site 13 day jaunt with the caravan.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
The Caravan got serviced yesterday, totally dry. Max 10%, but need a new battery, 5years old. Low test .
Ready to go out as long as no hospital visits. Kev, hope all is just In and Out, I thought I had heart probs, but it turned out to be my gall bladder. Key hole surgery, Huge keys must have been used.

Do things whilst we can.
Onwarders and Upwarders.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gagakev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Thought we had it all lined up and sorted this year, new van, new car, 40th wedding Anniversary, more time off work, equaled more time away.

Managed to squeeze in four nights last weekend at a local site 12 miles from home!! And thats it for now I'm afraid .

As Dusty Dog once said "it's no fun getting old"

Things can creep up on you unexpectedly, I was being treated for one thing and then the second hit me.

Spending the 22nd May (Our Anniversary) having a PCR test then having to shield for 3 days and then off into hospital for an operation on the 25th.
Have to wait until after the op for the results to see where I go from there then a decision will be made as to what further treatment will be required.

Get out there and enjoy folks.
Hi Kev from my own experience keeping positive is the main thing and looking forward to your next adventure with caravan and wife .
Hoping you receive great news.

Reactions: Gagakev
May 11, 2021
Visit site
A two week, two centre touring holiday in July - first week in Exmoor with a MTB ride included, then to Longleat for a week. A 6 day motorcycle trip in early August from South Oxon to beyond Inverary. Might pick up a long weekend along the way - we tried to find something for the Jubilee weekend but nothing doing.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Just had a lovely 10 days at Waterrow. Next trip is accompanying daughter and her 4 children. They are in a tent. We are in the van. Should be “interesting“.
We are off to Heathlands Beach. After that it is the Woosiefest. Might fit something into September if we can.
mel

Reactions: Dustydog and Hutch
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Just had a lovely 10 days at Waterrow. Next trip is accompanying daughter and her 4 children. They are in a tent. We are in the van. Should be “interesting“.
We are off to Heathlands Beach. After that it is the Woosiefest. Might fit something into September if we can.
mel
Hi Mel pleased you had a nice time at Waterrow we like it there and i hope you enjoy your next trip

Reactions: Mel
May 21, 2021
Visit site
A busy season for us. Already had a week at a local site to shake out then up to Lake District for 11 nights via 2 nights at Boroughbridge and on to 8 nights at Betws-y-Coed. Back home for a couple of weeks then off to Dorset, Cornwall and Devon. August we will be in Norfolk for 3 weeks. Still have to plan the rest of the season.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Already had 3 trips ( burns farm,holgates-silverdale and thornbrook farm) next week off to henley(Swiss farm) then end of July the dordogne beckons for 16 nights. Hopefully that’s the plan anyway.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
A busy season for us. Already had a week at a local site to shake out then up to Lake District for 11 nights via 2 nights at Boroughbridge and on to 8 nights at Betws-y-Coed. Back home for a couple of weeks then off to Dorset, Cornwall and Devon. August we will be in Norfolk for 3 weeks. Still have to plan the rest of the season.
Great planning of your caravan season hope it continues to be enjoyable and is uneventful

Reactions: Tandjo
Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Off to Crete next week (without the caravan), catching up with a deferred holiday that we should have had in January, but put off because of Covid.
It’ll be the caravan’s turn in August, touring SE England and then taking the ferry from Plymouth to Santander for a few weeks in southern Spain.

Reactions: Tandjo
Jun 1, 2021
Visit site
i have put my van on a seasonal this year just so i can go away when i want - tbh im not very good on booking things in advance anyway, im more of a last minute i think i will go away type person and got fed up of not being able to do that since c19 struck . Have too much to do here this year to be making plans anyway after having a full rewire now all the rooms need stripping and redecorating and tbh didnt realise how hard a slog it was to do on your own, so its nice to sort of down tools when weather favourable and go to the van in a way i dont care how long it takes to do, kitchen is done and complete, hall is stripped and cracks dimps filled ready to be finished, lounge/diner is a sod but nearly stripped when done will just paint that for now as want to change front and rear windows then have 3 bedrooms to do

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts