a lesson to be learnt

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Picture the scene...Six vans opposite me all together complete with ill fitting awnings, old 4x4s, snotty kids on bikes and plenty of home done tattoos, trouble I thought. Next to me Mr posh van, smart car, huge gas barbecue, double fridge in the awning all the gear!

Mr posh hammers his windbreaks in leaving a 24 inch gap between my van and windbreak for his kids to sqeeze through with their posh bikes. Some friends come to visit us, mr posh's kids run round his van and ours chasing each other with water shooters.

In the whole weeked the only noise i heard from the six caravan lot was the numbers being shouted out from the awning when they had a game of bingo.

Mr posh made me feel guilty every time i went to fill the aquaroll or empty the wastemaster as he had taken all the space up on that side of my caravan.

I can honestly say that i will never judge people on looks/cars/caravans but a lot of people do!

And just in case Mr posh reads this thanks for nicking my water heater cover..............I had a spare anyway!!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
its not the van or car they drive...I know from experience our first outing on a premier pitch in our 2004 Abbey with Rover 75 Connosieur (and I am no snob) and along comes a tatty old VW camper and parks next to us....yes we thought oh...and how wrong we were, these turned out to be the nicest couple we have met so far on sites, their children were great and spent all weekend playing nicely with ours....next trip 5 or 6 new vans, with 4x4 and nice cars, what a bunch of noisey, rude tossers who runied out weekend totally, their kids were foul mouthed, they partied all night and we were felt totally strangled by the whole experience....back to my original reply, it has nothing to do with what you drive or how big or nice your van is...that's out experience so far

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
p.s this reply was NOT a dig at 4x4 etc etc....I would like one myself, the point was about it has nothing to do with what you drive or stay in, everyone is different and we will meet all sorts on these sites and yes I have JUST read the long snob 4x4 post (after replying to this one) (well I have been away for a long time) and did not want to start another long reply session, it took me ages to read that one as it was......!

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Just goes to show, you should not judge a book by it's cover. We caravan as a family group, sometimes upto 6 caravans, and not a milk churn in sight. But that doesn't stop people thinking we're trouble makers.

I have to ask everytime if it's ok for us to be pitched together and often dispite mentioning that one of our party is disabled. The disability is more dibilitating that most would think. He is a cronick asthmatic and also sufferes from agrifobia. (fear of open space and being alone). To be honest he deserves a medal for going caravanning, and the only way he can do it is if all the family go to reassure him.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There are some nice people out there, age, colour, but when we go caravanning I start to speak ,that person notice that I am deaf, but I speak very well and got a good scene of humour, but they still walk away from me, may be they have the problem not me, so just enjoy your caravanning. Trevor

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There are some nice people out there, age, colour, but when we go caravanning I start to speak ,that person notice that I am deaf, but I speak very well and got a good scene of humour, but they still walk away from me, may be they have the problem not me, so just enjoy your caravanning. Trevor
Their problem Trevor - we like to make it a challenge, speak to everyone we meet, even if it's just a hello, it really makes some people sqirm!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts