A Message for Scotch Lad

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Following last Saturday's route by England on the Welsh 15 and the excellent win by your lads against France may I take the opportunity to wish your boys all the best for the Grand Slam. Incidentaly well done to the English team with their large defeat on Wales. We can take failure on the chin here in Wales and the better team won on the day.

G

Colin,

Many thanks for the congrats. I must admit, like a lot of my countrymenn, it took us by surprise. Now the Calcutta Cup match is sold out so at least the SRU is making its money.

The match against Wales is tomorrow in Cardiff and we can only hope for a similar performance. I am sure it will be a great game, there have been many in the past, and the pubs will do well whatever the result.

I do like the English as a race but...... I do like to see them beaten, must be in the genes.

G

Colin,

My congratulations on a fine Welsh win this afternoon. Unfortunately, the dismissal of Scott Murray basically turned the game just as it was getting started, but that does not take anything away from the Welsh performance. Our 2 conslation tries at the end at leat indicated a team not prepared to lay down and die, and all credit to them for that.

The only black spot I see is that if my maths is correct, the only team that can now win the Grand Slam is.............England, and I think we all agree that would be a disaster for all the celtic nations. Murrayfield has been their Nemesis in the past (who can ever forget 1990), and hopefully it will happen again.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry that the Scottish team were beaten this afternoon and thanks for the congratulations. as you said the sending off was a low point for Scotland but the two late tries were brilliant play - especially the intersection which was well read. Ireland could also win the grand slam by beating the home teams though they cannot achieve the grand slam. This can only be achieved by "sh you know who".

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Colin,

My congratulations on a fine Welsh win this afternoon. Unfortunately, the dismissal of Scott Murray basically turned the game just as it was getting started, but that does not take anything away from the Welsh performance. Our 2 conslation tries at the end at leat indicated a team not prepared to lay down and die, and all credit to them for that.

The only black spot I see is that if my maths is correct, the only team that can now win the Grand Slam is.............England, and I think we all agree that would be a disaster for all the celtic nations. Murrayfield has been their Nemesis in the past (who can ever forget 1990), and hopefully it will happen again.
Congratulations Colin on the Welsh win and yes, times like 1990 are so rare that they tend to stick in ones mind ;O) heheh!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Scotch Lad,

Many commiserations, I think that was a great performance by a 14 man Scottish side. They were really under the cosh at times but played their socks off.

As you say the Scott Murray incident turned the game, who knows what would have happened if they had both just been binned.

I have this feeling that this is going to be a disaster year for the Celts, with the worst possible outcome.

G

You can't win em' all, but at least we take it on the chin, unlike 'sch, you know who' who blame everyone and everything for their mistakes.

However, have to be careful as I will be heading over the Wall later this year again. They have warmer weather.

TRENDING THREADS