A New Broom........

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We were looking forward to a five day trip to Dorset with our granddaughter, but one of our dogs has had to have two operations in five days. She's recovered very well but has to wear a head guard for the next two weeks to protect her ear. So we decided that my wife would stay at home with the dogs and my granddaughter and I would go on the trip. Well yesterday she decided that I wasn't too well acquainted with where everything "domestic" went in the van when it was unpacked from its crates. So the van is now covered in post-it notes to show the stowage locations. She's also miffed that I don't plan to take the awning. "Where can I practice my (taekwondo) moves?" This from a 12 year old who has been caravanning with us for 9 of those years!
If you should see a " frazzled elderly dog-less gent" in the Wareham area over the next few days it could be me, and I'm not allowed any alcohol either; Mums and Nans rules. Looking forward to BBQ' s, pub meals days out and card games, tv not needed so I'm told by mini-HWSBO.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Oh joy. Looks like another trip to the Tank Museum and I'd better pack more games too. Trouble is I keep getting beaten. If desperation really strikes I may even buy her a weeks worth of Internet access. B)

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
My most sincere wishes of good luck. I don't know why but it feels as if it could prove to be an expensive trip what with all the bribes to keep quiet about the odd half at lunchtime :whistle:

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
otherclive said:
Oh joy. Looks like another trip to the Tank Museum and I'd better pack more games too. Trouble is I keep getting beaten. If desperation really strikes I may even buy her a weeks worth of Internet access. B)

I kept being beaten by the grandson, so now we play football instead.............perhaps you should take up netball :lol: :lol: :lol: :whistle: :whistle:

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the good wishes, after seeing Wednesday's forecast we'll need them. We've planned Monkey World, Studland for swimming, Lyme for rock pooling and Wareham forest cycling. Oh and hopefully time for a bbq. TV will be going so that I can watch Mo's 5000 metres. The only downer is no alcohol as when we look after grandkids one of us is always emergency driver wherever we are. Although that rule has gone by the board with the 24 year old grandson when we get together.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Well myself and granddaughter survived the few days in Dorset, and thank heavens for the Tank Museum for when it rains. It's probably the only place in the area that you can spend a good few hours visiting and totally under cover. We went to Lyme Regis on 10 August not realising that it was Red Arrows Day and planned to park up in the Charmouth Rd car park, luckily free Park and Ride had been set up on both sides of the town so we shoved the car in there. But I now know why I have normally never venture out to UK resorts during school holidays. Like my parents did with me, we always took our kids out of school in June. The whole of the town was absolutely packed and the beach was virtually standing room only between the Town Clock and Cobb. Needless to say we decided not to say around until the 1815 Red Arrows display and meandered back to Moreton C&CC for a nice relaxing BBQ.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts