A nice CL in Devon

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
We spent a nice week at this CL a week ago.
Nice friendly owners who made the effort on the morning we left of coming to say goodbye. It's an ADULT ONLY site with a lovely walk for the dogs. The only sound is of the River Wolf running alongside the pitches and the birdsong. Lots of wildlife especially the resident heron who fed on the tadpoles. It was also interesting watching the pair of moorhens and their brood of three. The parents had a full time job keeping the crows away.
The pools belong to a syndicate although site users can fish one of them. In the week we were there we only saw three people fishing.
They are hardstanding pitches and onsite there's a cabin which acts as a toilet with sink. This was spotless and was cleaned daily despite us not using it and being the only van on site for five days.
Wolf Valley is only one mile from the A30 and seven miles from Launceston. It is handy for touring the north Devon coast around Bude and further up to Barnstaple, Dartmoor etc. Despite the closeness to the A30 there is no traffic noise.
There is only one downside if a dog owner. Around the ponds there are fences and the bottom two strands are electrified as one of our dogs found out. My wife had him on a long lead and we weren't aware that the fence was electrified on one side of the pools. She let out a cry but didn't go near the fence again. It just needed a couple more signs because the bottom two wires blended in with the fence and it was difficult to see them. Apparently they are put there to deter mink.
This is the place if you need to chill out and we will be using it again. A hidden gem.
http://www.wolfvalleyenterprises.co.uk/caravanSite.html

2011523WolfValley2.jpg

Wolf Valley..our pitch.

2011523WolfValley11.jpg

Our van can just be seen on the left. The village on the hill is Broadwoodwigger which is just a church and a dozen houses.

2011523wolfvalleysite4.jpg

The toilet. The other half of the cabin houses local information.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
My wife had him on a long lead and we weren't aware that the fence was electrified on one side of the pools. She let out a cry but didn't go near the fence again.

Lord B.
And there's me taking you at your word that she only performs behind closed doors
smiley-laughing.gif

I've added the CL to my list. Just the ticket for my dogs.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Dustydog said:
My wife had him on a long lead and we weren't aware that the fence was electrified on one side of the pools. She let out a cry but didn't go near the fence again.

Lord B.
And there's me taking you at your word that she only performs behind closed doors
smiley-laughing.gif

Oops
smiley-embarassed.gif
I should have said 'he let out a cry' .
It's a good job he never piddled against the wires else he could have ended up permed like a poodle
smiley-surprised.gif

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Another point I would have like to have added, but for some reason this website doesn't allow you to edit your original post, is the facilities, like waste water and chemical toilet emptying, is very good which is more than I can say for some CLs.
Digital TV reception is excellent as is Orange mobile but my Vodafone lapdog dongle failed miserably
smiley-frown.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts