A nice site in Devon near Dawlish

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello All
Can anyone please recommend a nice quiet sit in the Dawlish area? Our only real requirement is electrical hook up, but fully equipped large sites would be ok as well.
We are starting our holiday in mid May this year and hope to visit the area for a couple of weeks, and because we don't know the area, it would be nice to have a recommendation.
Kindest Regards
Brian

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi Brian - we went to Cofton County Park about 4 years ago and found it to be well worth the money - We spent a week there and was surprised at how big it was but it some how didn't feel hemmed in . We strolled up a small lane to a village pub and had great food and drinks -could not go to the club as we had the dogs. although we did sit out side a couple of evening enjoying the evening sun set . The beaches are very clean and dogs were allowed at the far end. The outdoor pool was never over crowded although we went in July - Toilets/showers always very clean. Laundrette was busy. as was the take-a-way, but food was always very hot and tastey. There are fishing lakes on the site but we did not venture over that area - as dogs would have been straight in the water. Great field opposite touring section for dogs to be let of lead for a good run and plenty of walks.
Torquay /Paignton and Brixham are near to go out for the day with plenty to do at each.
Other suggestions would be Lady's Mile at Dawlish and Peppermint Park - but have not been to either so can't comment.
which ever park you choose I am sure you will have a great time. Lovelly area and of couse near to Dartmoor .

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Carol. We have booked the site today for a week in May so looking forward to that. We will probably look for a site around Cheddar / Weston Super Mare. for our second week this is another area we have never visited.
Again thank you for the Reply.

Best Regards Brian

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
No problem Jeff I don't actually have any but thank you for the contact. I have had a look at the Camping Cheque site and they state that you have to state your wish to use the cheques when making advance bookings so I will keep that in mind if the need arises. Again thank you for your advice.

Regards Brian

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi Brian, they have recently obtained planning for a fairly large indoor pool complex and entertainment centre, did they mention this to you when you booked? If construction has started expect to have early starts with the builders proceeding with there works.
We stayed there and it was a really good site but cant help thinking they are upgrading to go more commercial, sorry to be the bearer of bad news if the work has started, but you did ask for a quiet site which incidently it was. I am quite local to the area so if you want to know any more please ask.
Just a thought the site is in two halfs and we were told to choose our own pitch, if you choose the lower lakeside pitches you should be further away from the construction site and the pitches arealso more level.
Hope this helps and hope I havent put you off, enjoy your stay.

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for your Contact sir Gagakev.
Luckily it seems we have took you advice before you gave it. I mentioned the fishing lakes with a view to having a go one day during our holiday and he offered us a pitch close to the lakes which I accepted.
I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know because I only booked today and I probably would have had the time to ask for an alternative pitch if necessary.
I will wait until a couple of weeks before and ring to confirm the agreed lakeside pitch.
We are looking forwards very much to visiting the area and have been looking at various attractions on the websites.
We also thought that a couple of trips out via trains could be on the cards seeing the proximity of the stations.
Again Thankyou And best Regards
Brian

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Cofton Park want £185 for the 2 of us and £160 for our 4 Yorkshire terriers for the 10 days. A £25 difference? Gobsmacked!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Goodness me Surfer.
That's really extracting the urine
smiley-frown.gif
smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif

Unless I'm absolutely desperate I refuse to pay for my dogs and find somewhere else.

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the reply. We will keep this in mind for later in the Year.
This area must be a wonderfull place to live for caravanners. So many great sites relatively close together, somewhere different every weekend!!
Without the need for a long tow.
Regards Brian

TRENDING THREADS