A proper dog’s dinner

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We visited our son today over in south Wales. We took our new to us Sprocker not really knowing how she would behave in the pub at lunchtime. She can be somewhat untoward and lively. Anyway we went in, sat down with our drinks and ordered our Sunday roasts. The landlord had brought a bowl of water for the pooch, and asked did she want anything off of the menu. I thought it was a wind up, but our son pointed out to us a board on the wall with a menu of courses for dogs. That was a first for me.
Pleased to say she behaved brilliantly in the pub, then reverted to normal as we left. The family cat sensibly went off into the woods for the duration of our visit.
IMG_1712.jpegIMG_4995.jpeg

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
A good looking dog and dogs dinner, one of the pubs in our village, The Fir Tree, also do "Dogs dinners" and dogs beer, although Harry enjoys the Cream from a Guiness

Reactions: otherclive
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Never seen anything like that in any pub. Sounds like a pub for us to visit the next time we go to Wales to see OH's relatives

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
Thanks,
We lost him in 2019 after he had enjoyed a long and happy life…. Loyal as loyal can be ( aren’t they all)….

Here he is enjoying the snow…

View my photos at: https://steve1962.smugmug.com/Landscapes/Snow-goin
Circumstances since then have meant that we’ve not been able to have another dog but that will change in due course and when it does I will let you know - now that we have a caravan it will be great to take a dog along with us on our trips.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts