A Question of Gas

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I@m going to France in four weeks. I was thinking of switching to camping gaz. I've got a brand new van with the new 30Mb pressure system. Can you use camping gaz with this pressure and what do I need to do the conversion. If I can't do this, how much butane do I need to carry - I'll only be doing cooking, as it's a all electric site.

PS: I bought an adator from a local dealer that you screw onto the top of the cyclider but it didn't fit the tubing. The paperwork indidcates that it can be used in a high pressure system but on reading further it said that the max working pressure is just over 19Mbar.

Hope someone can advise.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Chris 2x6kg cylinders of propane or 2x7kg cylinders of butane will easily last you a full fortnight - if not longer. We spent two weeks in Switz at Easter, all electric, and didn't use a full 6kg butane cylinder, despite topping up the electric fire with gas heating to combat -6 degree nightime temps. You'll probably BBQ too which will also save gas. We used to go for 3 weeks and never ran out of gas, even though our older van required gas-fired hot water. Just make sure you go with 2 full cylinders. How long are you going for?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts