A red hot day - where would you prefer to be?

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
A bit of trivia.

On such a hot day as today, when you are on holiday where would you prefer to spend the day? Maybe on a beautiful beach, or perhaps in a nice shaded forest, or perhpas sitting in the shade outside your caravan whilst reading a good book?

My favourite place would have to be on a beach, probably Cornwall or Kent. Reading a good book whilst going for a swim in the sea every now and then.

Lisa.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Well Lisa I not much of a beach person I thick I would soon her spend the day diving on a coral reef and the at the night I would be prop the bar up!

Mark

Jun 23, 2006
Visit site
Any beach really where it is warm. Royan, Nice / St Tropez coast but further a field is better. Warm day with a good breeze for either Kite surfing or Wind surfer. BBQ and late night swim with my wife, wake up on the beach swim and then hit the early morning breeze acroos the water.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well Lisa I not much of a beach person I thick I would soon her spend the day diving on a coral reef and the at the night I would be prop the bar up!

Mark
Sorry! Forgot about the bar bit!!

Lisa

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
i would rather be sitting in the snow than on a packed british beach burning in this heat - i cannot think of anything worse. Why on earth people have this desire when its 90 degrees to take off their whole family (including new born baby and dog!) to the beach.

If i had to chose the UK - it would be under a shady tree on somewhere like Dartmoor next to a babbling cold brook with a blanket and a book.

If we are talking worldwide I would pick the Seychelles where we got married in 1996.

May 27, 2006
Visit site
i would rather be sitting in the snow than on a packed british beach burning in this heat - i cannot think of anything worse. Why on earth people have this desire when its 90 degrees to take off their whole family (including new born baby and dog!) to the beach.

If i had to chose the UK - it would be under a shady tree on somewhere like Dartmoor next to a babbling cold brook with a blanket and a book.

If we are talking worldwide I would pick the Seychelles where we got married in 1996.
I`m gonna be gready.

Luvvvvvvvv the idea of sitting in a forst glade outside my van on the edge of a quiet lake.

Oh! and with a coolbox of wet liquid refreshment close to hand.

Guess going for a bevy of bikini clad beauties with fans to keep me cool may be going a weeeeeeeeee bit far tho *sigh*

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Careful Chelsea, last year, I said I preferred Winter to Summer and was nearly stoned to death by the regulars on here.

Lisa xx

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
Careful Chelsea, last year, I said I preferred Winter to Summer and was nearly stoned to death by the regulars on here.

Lisa xx
give me a cold frosty morning, see your breath in the air, ground all hard and a "crunchy leaf" walk with the dog any day!

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
I`m gonna be gready.

Luvvvvvvvv the idea of sitting in a forst glade outside my van on the edge of a quiet lake.

Oh! and with a coolbox of wet liquid refreshment close to hand.

Guess going for a bevy of bikini clad beauties with fans to keep me cool may be going a weeeeeeeeee bit far tho *sigh*
mmmm, think you are going a tad OTT there, but hey, we can dream eh?

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I like warm weather, but this is just too much, really, not only for me, but for my dogs too, they dont know what to do to keep cool, but also want to have their walks, which I have sorted out by taking them in a very cold aircon car to the forest where they are in shade and it is a bit more comfortable for them.

Taking young children and dogs to beaches in this heat is simply asking for trouble, as witnessed today when 6 people were taken to hospital from the beach close to where I live, suffering from heatstroke, and 3 dogs rushed to vets after collapsing on the dog area of the beach.

Speaking to my vet today, on an unrelated visit, she said she has, in the past week, treated about a dozen dogs with heatstroke, of which 3 died, and numerous dogs with burnt paws, as some owners seem to forget that pavements and sand get hot enough to burn animals paws.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I like warm weather, but this is just too much, really, not only for me, but for my dogs too, they dont know what to do to keep cool, but also want to have their walks, which I have sorted out by taking them in a very cold aircon car to the forest where they are in shade and it is a bit more comfortable for them.

Taking young children and dogs to beaches in this heat is simply asking for trouble, as witnessed today when 6 people were taken to hospital from the beach close to where I live, suffering from heatstroke, and 3 dogs rushed to vets after collapsing on the dog area of the beach.

Speaking to my vet today, on an unrelated visit, she said she has, in the past week, treated about a dozen dogs with heatstroke, of which 3 died, and numerous dogs with burnt paws, as some owners seem to forget that pavements and sand get hot enough to burn animals paws.
Let's try and keep it clean please! (simley icon thingy).

Lisa

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Damian

My wife seen a bit on the news about dogs with the heat.

We are lucky has I take the dog to the bus stop were my son get pick up for school then we go for her walk before it get to hot. Last night I found owe dog in the kids pool with her ball play.

I must a gear it is too hot.

Mark

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

Damian, the comment doesn't refer to you, it relates to a comment which someone had posted and the mod has deleted it.

Lisa.

Jul 4, 2006
Visit site
Anywhere but where I am at the moment, I am sitting in a sweaty office with a pregnant (about to drop) sectary huffing and puffing her way around, with me waiting on HER and answering HER phone and if her waters go and I have to take her to hospital I will NOT be present at the birth.

Get me out of here

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Anywhere but where I am at the moment, I am sitting in a sweaty office with a pregnant (about to drop) sectary huffing and puffing her way around, with me waiting on HER and answering HER phone and if her waters go and I have to take her to hospital I will NOT be present at the birth.

Get me out of here
hehheh! if I was you I would take a sicky ;O)

Jun 23, 2006
Visit site
Set sat nav set for Arcachon, say bye to the kids as G & G are havinmg them for a few days. Fire up the new bike make sure new kite is stowed and wife s safe on the back.

Well we've said bye to the kids and head for Dover at 7am. Bye suck....... sorry, fellow caravanners! See yah all on Monday.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts