A reminder - make sure your property is secure!!

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There's been a spate of thefts from gardens/sheds recently. We were awoken around 2am by one of our dogs going nuts in the kitchen.

Phil bolted down the stairs, let the dog out (Gaylord) and young Gaylord flew down the bottom of the garden like a good un. Phil heard what sounded like someone scrambling over the fence (6ft), the dog was growling barking even trying to scale the fence himself (dog not Phil!!). Anyway, the shed door was open, although thankfully, nothing was taken.

We have a rather large garden and the flood lighting has been out of order, a reminder now to get it sorted. New padlocks for the shed too me thinks.

Lisa

Jul 11, 2005
Visit site
Lisa. Sounds like you have a problem your end. You posted a month ago about neighbours bikes being stolen from back gardens.

Put some barbed wire along the fence as well ........................to keep the cats away from worrying the dogs.

Edd

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
If investing in sturdy shed locks, please dont forget the hinges.

Near neighbours had the external hinges unscrewed and shed raided and knew nothing until their neighbour found the same had been done to their shed with the door left hanging on the padlock hasp. The first door had been put back in place with a couple of screws.

Neighborhood watch called in a community support officer and we all have shed alarms now on his advice, battery powered but cheap and very noisy.

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
The glass reminds me of another method.

About 30 years ago my parents wall collapsed and when it was rebuilt the top layer of bricks were set at 45 deg to discourage kids and low lifes from climbing on it.

As far as I know no one has climbed on it since and it is as good as when built.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lisa,

Must have been out of town thieves, would you try to rob someone with two bull terriers ????

Frank
Exactly!! Diesel's turning out to be a really good little guard dog. The old dog's not too bad either.

Lisa

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I won't put anything sharp on the fences as we have two cats and I wouldn't want them or anyone elses cats to get injured.

I wish now I had paid more attention when I used to go shooting. Or maybe not, I'd probably be up on a murder charge now!

Lisa

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lisa

Bess aways shoots up to the top of the garden at night. Its funy to see fly up to the end and stop just in time befor hit the fenec.

Mark

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My ***** and a previous dog used to do that. My neighbours dog does it too. I think it's a territorial thing although Mr Cool Dude (Gaylord doesn't do it unless he feels there's something amiss).

But you wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of my Gaylord if you were a villan.

Hey, do you remember when you took him for a walk? Little sod???? (Dog, not you).

Lisa

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi Lisa,

Glad the dogs are doing their job well.

We have pyrocanthis growing round our garden, it has very sharp thorns which should deter any body from climbing our fences (says he hopefuly), & the cops recon nobody can sue me if they get hurt on it as it is a natural plant.

G.

Jul 11, 2005
Visit site
Hey up. Just read that two caravans been stolen round the corner.

Think I will sleep in mine tonight.

Mind you, the way I sleep I would probibly wake up on the road if it was stolen!

Edd

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts