A Simple Question

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
Hi all,

New here, a simple question do they make a caravan with a shipping length of 5.6 meters or less, if so which ones. Most adverts don't include a shipping length but its important to us to determine whether it will fit in the space we have behind our gates for storage.

Thanks in advance
Darranna

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Darrananna, the simple answer is Yes, if you go to the back of a Practical Caravan forum to caravan layouts, this will show, the shipping lengths and weights of different caravans and with a lot of pecil marking you will find hopefully a caravan to park on your space,
Hutch

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Sorry Darranna, my fault, just reread my post, I meant a Practical Caravan "Magazine", in the magazine it shows alot of different caravans and the internal layouts, admittedley the last years one but its a place to start.
Hutch.

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
Hopefully this is allowed, http://www.caravantalk.co.uk/caravan-specifications has details of lots of vans going back many years including the shipping length for many.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
If you are looking through dealers web sites you will find most include the shipping length and there are quite a few that should suit your needs. If buying privately then you might need to refer to the caravan talk website although you will find more information on http://www.nationwidecaravanninguk.com where you can check the makers brochure to see exactly what you are getting.

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
hi and welcome.
simple answer to a simple question yes they do. the shipping length includes the A frame and measures from front to back. it is one of the parameters we had to consider as the van was to be housed in a garage made to fit a m/home.
our bailey was a 380/2 measured 5.25 mtrs shipped. you require one 5.60 mtrs or 30 cm bigger.
any caravan in the 410 or less class should fit fine. look at the small venus or bailey.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts