A site near York

Jul 8, 2020
Visit site
Good Morning All ,

I may be pushing my luck but i am looking for a nice site near York for a week in August, I know i am very late and all sites will probably be booked up but was wondering in any one had any suggestions.

It will be my wife and I and our 2 dogs.

Thanks in Advance .

Brian.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
York Naburn Lock Caravan Park / Tranquil Parks it about 4 miles from York there is grass and hardstanding full service pitches i hope you can get in .

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Unless you have a particular need to be in York the Knaresborough CMC site is superb including a Bistro and is only about 18 miles out of York but gives you Harrogate and Dales options. Note you may not be able to take dogs on the P+R service in York, and Beechwood Grange is on the outskirts but close to a P+R (Vangarde* shopping centre.) [*correct spelling]

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Unless you have a particular need to be in York the Knaresborough CMC site is superb including a Bistro and is only about 18 miles out of York but gives you Harrogate and Dales options. Note you may not be able to take dogs on the P+R service in York, and Beechwood Grange is on the outskirts but close to a P+R (Vangarde* shopping centre.) [*correct spelling]
I have taken my two dogs on the Park and Ride, on the NorthWest of York, at Rawcliffe. Only 9 months ago, no cost for the dogs.

Reactions: Fraseb01
Jul 8, 2020
Visit site
Yes this looks a very nice site, and my dates are available also_Once the wife finishes work today we will get these dates booked .👌

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Also stopped at the Knaresborough CMC site we like Ripon Cathedral very nice place to visit

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Knaresebourgh booked for 5 nights, thanks all for all the helpfull suggestions, 👌👌👌

If you have Senior bus passes the service between Knaresborough and Harrogate is about every 7 minutes and there are two bus companies competing! Only two supermarkets in K'bro: Lidl just off the A59 to York - left at the lights opposite the Wetherby road - and Aldi a bit farther out - both are new stores. There is a M&S Foodhall on the Wetherby road retail park just inside the A658 by-pass. There is Sainsbury local at K'bro bus station and Tesco Metro on the other side of the High Street. Sainsburys, Morrisons, Asda and Waitrose in Harrogate town area but only a small Tesco Express in the town centre. (HG is the only postcode in the UK that does not have a full-sized Tesco.) Plenty of Co-ops everywhere.

Reactions: Dustydog
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
If you have Senior bus passes the service between Knaresborough and Harrogate is about every 7 minutes and there are two bus companies competing! Only two supermarkets in K'bro: Lidl just off the A59 to York - left at the lights opposite the Wetherby road - and Aldi a bit farther out - both are new stores. There is a M&S Foodhall on the Wetherby road retail park just inside the A658 by-pass. There is Sainsbury local at K'bro bus station and Tesco Metro on the other side of the High Street. Sainsburys, Morrisons, Asda and Waitrose in Harrogate town area but only a small Tesco Express in the town centre. (HG is the only postcode in the UK that does not have a full-sized Tesco.) Plenty of Co-ops everywhere.
Woodentop, I don't think Scottish Senior bus passes work in England.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I came down from St Andrews, to Newcastle a couple of years ago, on the A68, When we got to our Cl site we felt as though we had been on a boat for 5 hours. Thank goodness there was a decent pub nearby.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We normally use the CAMH site York Beechwood Grange and if full Naburn Lock. Both are easy to find, good for getting the Park and Ride busses into the city and just off the ring road for touring.
There is a new site next to the CAMH site Beechwood Caravan Park which looked quite good as we passed. Being new it probably is still building up its business and might be easier to get in with competitive pricing. If you try it a review might help others.
Never got in at Naresbrough but it looks nice although a fair way out.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We normally use the CAMH site York Beechwood Grange and if full Naburn Lock. Both are easy to find, good for getting the Park and Ride busses into the city and just off the ring road for touring.
There is a new site next to the CAMH site Beechwood Caravan Park which looked quite good as we passed. Being new it probably is still building up its business and might be easier to get in with competitive pricing. If you try it a review might help others.
Never got in at Naresbrough but it looks nice although a fair way out.
It one of our favourites a lovely place but can get very busy getting through the town centre

Mar 29, 2021
Visit site
York Beechwood Grange had, so do check, when we used it on a regular basis a ban on being able to walk out the site with your dog, because of the horses in the adjoining fields

Naburn lock is a nice site, bus stop outside, a river taxi into York within easy walk, and then the lock itself is an interesting place, they again when we used it, section the site into Adults only at the top, also their is a bicycle track a little higher up into York, the site was another of our regulars.

Naburn Marina site very expensive for what it is, we went once, didn't return.

Reactions: Hutch
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
York Beechwood Grange had, so do check, when we used it on a regular basis a ban on being able to walk out the site with your dog, because of the horses in the adjoining fields

Naburn lock is a nice site, bus stop outside, a river taxi into York within easy walk, and then the lock itself is an interesting place, they again when we used it, section the site into Adults only at the top, also their is a bicycle track a little higher up into York, the site was another of our regulars.

Naburn Marina site very expensive for what it is, we went once, didn't return.
We have been to ones you have mention but some years ago went to this one it called York Caravan Park Adult Park because of the fishing lake and a dog walking area but we found it very easy access only 2 miles from York Minister and a ten minute bus service but you get what you pay for.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darren.H

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts