A site with large pitches and is fairly quiet.

Have posted on this forum before to try and get suggestions to test out my new awning. Cant seem to find anywhere, need large pitches as it will be the first time we have put up the awning and can imagine will need lots of room. Also my van is very large and therefore so will be the awning. Want it to be fairly quiet as cant bear the thought of lots of people watching us get it wrong. I live in Kent and dont want to go to far as may need lots of time to put it up. Live in Ramsgate, so Dover area, Folkestone area and Whitstable area are out. By the sea or water will be nice.

Anyone got any suggestions on where to go and any tips for first time putting an awning up!

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Forgot to remind you to take that third arm you have which you keep for erecting awnings, otherwise you will reach the point, when if with a husband, he will be amazed that you only have two arms of normal length! Seriously, we find it easier to erect the roof first and then add the sides and fronts as it is lighter to handle. Good luck.

Thanks for the suggestion of Hythe, unfortunately work takes us to Hythe and Folkestone, so not too keen. It did'nt occur to me that we would argue, but suppose we would as we always argue on which way to go in the car and once we get there we always argue about pitching it correctly.

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion of Hythe, unfortunately work takes us to Hythe and Folkestone, so not too keen. It did'nt occur to me that we would argue, but suppose we would as we always argue on which way to go in the car and once we get there we always argue about pitching it correctly.
Sounds like caravanning to me! But all good fun and enjoyable in the end. Hope you find somewhere suitable.

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Sounds like caravanning to me! But all good fun and enjoyable in the end. Hope you find somewhere suitable.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Don't forget your pack of different coloured rolls of insulating tape so that you can colour code all the joints of the frame. Doing this will save you having to puzzle the damn thing out everytime you put it up.

You will also only have the row once!!!!!!

Vic

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts