A tale of woe

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
Just watched a video on YT about a Bailey Unicorn owner and his dismay about discovering damp in his caravan.
It’s an older caravan bought from a dealer ( not named in the video) about a year ago.
Not sure if I would be allowed to post it so I haven’t, out of respect to the owner and in case it violates forum regs.

Steve

Reactions: Seblo and Dustydog
Apr 28, 2023
Visit site
Hah! I’ve just watched the same video. The guy came across very calm and collected although I’m sure he was very ‘annoyed’ inside - is it anyone on here? It shows why an independent survey is always recommended - I thought he made a good point about evidence being based on opinion though. He got an ok outcome in the end - dealer bought back at book + £500 price. I’m not sure if I’d be able to keep my cool with a dealer to talk about all the options and whether I was going to take them to court or not !!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dustydog
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Excellent vid, Very sad for the chap and his wife.
A 2011 Early Bailey Unicorn with Alu-tech.
At that time the mainstream makers were boasting about their own timberless superbonds composites etc. so why do they all still leak?
Bailey’s Achilles heel is well documented on you tube videos. A manufacturing defect caused by poor workmanship applying sealant. Sadly the rest fail too for the same reason,
If VAG can train robots to apply sealant to small multi contoured surfaces that remain oil tight all their life so can the caravan industry use the same technology to permanently seal their caravans.
Why do we buy caravans that are virtually guaranteed to leak 🥲😢
Rant over!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts