Aaaargh! Damaged the worktop

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Greetings All,

Just packing the van to go away for the weekend and a plastic, yes prastic wine glass has fallen out of one of the top cupboards and literally gone through the worktop laminate adjacent to the sink.

Has anybody out there effected a repair to a worktop (and before anyone suggests it, I'm not going to stick a number of tiles on the area.) by using resin or some such similar material.

Any suggestions appreciated (other than tiles)

What do you think the Insurance Co would say if I wanted a new worktop?

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
I cannot see a problem with claiming for it but there is an alternative

Get a small sheet of heat resistant material of a colour that matches or compliments the work top and have a local chippy (sorry, "carpenter" to be PC) remove the laminate to that size and sink in the thermal material. That way you have a place where hot things can stand and it will not look out of place. It may even look a bit posh if done correctly.

Steve

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
Hi del-If you go to your local B&Q, they have a section usually near the kitchen worktops that has kits in various colours for just this purpose.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi del-If you go to your local B&Q, they have a section usually near the kitchen worktops that has kits in various colours for just this purpose.
Dear Chris,

Thank you for that information.

Today I visited B and Q where they sold me a tube of Black and a tube of white solution. I got the white half price because it was out of date???

The reason for the two colours is that our worktop is a multi grey colour and I'm going to try and match it as best as I can.

Once again, Thanks to you and the other contributors.

PS Anyone want to buy a pair of tubes of worktop repair solution with 99% of the contents intact (one out of date!!!)

On second thoughts I'll save it for the next time. (There's bound to be one.)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts