Abbey Cardinal

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi,this caravan is a "Davan special"and I am very keen on the 318 version, does anyone have any experience of the brand or model,many thanks Denis.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I take it you mean the dealer special of the Aventura 318 with the fixed bed. We have a similar dealer special and we love it. The bed is really comfortable and no messing about making it all up at night, the seats are good as well and the cushions hold their shape.

My teenagers sleep well on the front beds although it would be possibly a bit cramped as a four berth on occasions when you do not have an awning up, but as a van for two people it is great.

We have had about fifty nights away since we bought it and really can't fault it. I would say go for it.

Alan

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Does anyone else have a comment on this van,it would be much appreciated,many thanks Denis.
HI as regards the cardinal I also looked at one 2005 model 318 but didnt like the seat colour so we got the swift colonsay (carrisma) instead same van inside . Its great we can not fault it bed is fantastic you wont be disappointed .

swiftman

May 18, 2005
Visit site
Hi Denis,sorry to do this to you but fore warned is fore armed.

I bought a Abbey Aventura 316 brand new in March 2004.Since then the fibre glass front body panel has cracked,been repaired and cracked again and is currently waiting to have a new front fitted.Also the right hand side GRP body side panel cracked along the whole length of the caravan at the lower edge, this was repaired ie ground out filled and painted.the side decals peel off ,the tap for the kitchen sink came loose and fell off and the fire fell out when the inadequate scews pulled out of the wood,oh as did the controls for the water heater/space heater.I may have bought a rare friday afternoon model,but if you do buy one i found i had to threaten my dealer with trading standards and a civil court to get some of the work done to my satisfaction. Regards Phil.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts