Abbey Vogue 2 - no power when on battery

Aug 1, 2023
Visit site
Hi - complete newbie - only just recently got 1st caravan.
Its an Abbey Vogue 2 540 model 6 berth - there is a motor mover on it although I dont know yet if it is working as assume only works on leisure battery and only when isolation switch turned?

Only have the caravan at house currently - plugged in to house mains, everything looks to power up fine, lights, fridge, can hear water pump etc.
Had it plugged in for 24 hours continuous.
When unplugged - would expect the leisure battery to have power to run something but seems like either its dead (checked with multimeter and its showing as 13.6V ?) or maybe theres an issue somewhere else or could the battery be beyond life and need replacing? I am no expect or electric technican.

I've held down what I assume is the battery button on main control, it showed 1.0 briefly and within seconds dropped to 0.1
When I have caravan plugged in to mains - it shows as 14.4

Few pictures included as best as I can - any advise appreciated
Please keep any advise in basic terms to help me follow - assume I know nothing about caravans

Attachments

• newpic3.JPG
    newpic3.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 2
  • newpic2.JPG
    newpic2.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 2
  • newpic1.JPG
    newpic1.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG-3940.jpg
    IMG-3940.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG-3941.jpg
    IMG-3941.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG-3944.jpg
    IMG-3944.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
Aug 1, 2023
Visit site
We might have success !

Its now working off battery - will see how long it holds. Only thing we did differently, when disconnecting the power lead from van, previously I was disconnecting from side of van before powering off at mains.

This time - we had lead connected to van and mains, powered off at the mains first in the house, then disconnected the lead from the van, Pressed the battery button in the van and its working off battery !
See how long it last but at very least hopefully confirms no fuse or wiring issues, worst case battery needed.

Attachments

• newpic4.JPG
    newpic4.JPG
    218.5 KB · Views: 2

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The good news is that your onboard battery charger is working, but if the leisure battery doesn't hold the charge you may need a replacement battery.
Many Abbey caravans were factory fitted with battery chargers made by a company called Nord Elletronica.
Most of their caravan electronics failed and had to be replaced and the company went bust I believe.
If you're fortunate enough to still have a Nord Elletronica charger that's working, great, but it might fail at some point.
If this happens, get in touch with a small British electronics company called Apauljack Engineering.
They are based close to Brent Knoll, near to Burnham on Sea in Somerset and they do mail order.
I recommend them because I own an Abbey 620 on which the battery charger failed as we were about to go on holiday.
These guys sorted the charger out without fuss, they were once involved in guided missile electronics, so they know what they're about.
I hope that you won't need them, but the name is worth keeping in mind if you do.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I too you to own a Abbey caravan and the moderators help me out near the same questions you are asking so i think this forum is great .

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts