abbey vs swift

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I would go and look at both vans making a list of the pros and cons of both then decide which one you like best. When we brought ours last year we looked round loads and i mean loads then a avondale literly spoke to us saying buy me buy me :D we fell in love with it. Have a look at several if you can as some are not as well looked after than they appear. one will jump out and speak to you :)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Abbey has sides that are unrepairable and delaminate 2002 Abbey replaced with 2004 Swift, don't belive what they say I am one of many. Plus check it well before you hand over balance off payment, got suckered twice by that scam check it over first.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Abbey and Swift sides are the same sandwitch construction. Swift's outer layer is aluminium , Abbey's is GPR. If you damage an aluminium panel a new sheet of aluminium can be bonded over by you're local workshop, if you damage GPR your caravan has to go back to the factory for a new side, expect a 9 month wait. Patched repairs of GPR sides are unsatisfactory. 2001/02 seems to have been a bad year of manufacture for Abbey sides. Like all things, once you find yourself in trouble with a product suddenly your not alone. To be fair after a lot of hassle and loss of use of caravans Swift group has sorted people out under warranty, what happens after this runs out? Now after a few teathing troubles I am the happy owner of a Swift and I wish the best of luck and that nothing happens to Abbey owners.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts