ABI Award 1991 Advice on fuses and pump running please

We have an Award Tristar and the switch which operates the water pump is also the switch which operates the cassette toilet. The instructions say not to run the pump without water but when we do an overnight we do not always want to fill the aquaroll but may want to use the toilet. This means we need to switch on the pump to "flush" the loo. Is it safe to do this for a short time or will it damage the pump? Is there an alternative?

Also we think the fuse has gone on the 12v supply to the Eloctrolux refrigerator. Does anyone know where / which fuse it is please?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
David and Jane, I think there is no flushing tank on your variant of the toilet so without the aqua roll attached there is no water! The best thing if you do not wish to connect the aqua roll is to have a 1 gallon container with which to flush the toilet.

With regard to the fridge 12v can you say why you think it has blown? The fridge 12v is derived from the car and is only present when the car engine is running i.e. you cannot run it off the 12v on an overnight stop ( unless you keep the engine running). For the overnight stop use gas. If you are saying that with the car connnected and engine running there is no 12v at the fridge please confirm the age of the van and car as the wiring may not be compatable.

Thanks for the reply, I know I can't use it overnight but thought if it made it very cold in the first place, it would keep the food cool for a day or so.

The fridge used to work until I put the battery on the wrong way round ie reversed polarity. this blew the main fuses and the fridge hasn't worked on 12v when moving since. I have tried all the fuses I can find but suspect there may be a "hidden" fuse lurking somewhere. We have a Nissan Navara for info.

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
With regards to your `loo` problem, I also have an ABI and the power for the electric flush is on the same circuit as the water pump, but the pump should only run if a tap is turned on or there is a fault with either a microswitch or pressure switch.

As the pump shouldn`t run if the system is OK with no taps on there can be no damage to the pump. Flushing the loo has no effect on the main water pump unless the toilet draws it`s water from the main water system.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts