Abroad with young children

Oct 28, 2006
Visit site
Hello i wonder if anyone can direct me to a nice site in the South of France?We have youngish (3) children who have come to expect night time entertainment through going to English sites.
Are there any English run sites like parc resorts or haven in France that anyone knows of?

Thanking you.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Most English run sites I know of seem to be at the other end of the spectrum, smaller and quieter! There are plenty of French owned sites that would meet you requirements but of course the entertainment tends to be in French. One way round this is to go to a site where the likes of Eurocamp are onsite as they organise a lot of things for children. You may have to clarify what you mean by the South of France, to me it means the Med.
David

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
You won't find many, if any, English run large-type sites, but a lot of the larger sites run by Siblu and Yelloh have multi-lingual entertainment at night - which all children seem to love and which keeps everyone happy. Somehow they manage to communicate in a variety of ways, and by the end of the holiday will have made friends with French, German, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, and many other nationalities. My sons made Finnish friends, years ago, and still keep in touch! There's nothing better than seeing your children plodging about in a river with children from every other country in Europe, and keeping each other happy and entertained!

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Would this be your first time to France camping with children?

It's best not to try and find things that are English. Take the childrens bikes thats a good start...and as Val says theres always something going on on sites. look for one that may also have a good pool complex.

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
We have 2 children (11 and 7) and stayed at Camping Les Mimosas in Narbonne last year. It is now a "Yelloh" site and, although we do not normally go for this type of site the children loved it, especially the evening entertainment. We went in August and, although the site was busy, it did not seem over-crowded. This site has a really good pool complex, plenty for children to do and is only a short drive to the beach at Gruissan where there is plenty of parking.

We would go back.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts