Accessing Thetford (250) toilet pump on Swift Challenger 2010. How?

Jul 27, 2020
Visit site
Hi all
I have tried every which way of curing the flush problem on by van. My partner flushed it with no cassette below. We therefore had a flood in the casement. So... I’ve replaced the reed switch circuit board, the fuse and tested power to the flush switch on the toilet.

But all to no avail unfortunately. So I tried getting to the pump which is accessed by removing a blue retaining clip set into the top of the toilet cassette housing (well snapped it actually). Drained the sludgy water and removed the hose from the bottom of the pump. But is won't budge. It seems that the power cable (white) is wrapped around the bracket the holds the cistern in place. I wish I had taken photos now but alas it is stored in mid wales.
I have searched and searched on the internet for some kind of video or instructions on how to remove it.
Can anyone help, it is driving me crazy?

Thanks
Graham

Sep 15, 2020
Visit site
Your best bet is to remove the whole toilet, this done by removing the 4 screws holding the toilet to the floor, access where the cassette is located. the lift up the toilet and pull back the expose the back of the toilet.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Print and laminate a red 'no entry' sign to place on top of the closed toilet lid while you are away at the emptying point which saves any accidents of this nature!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts