Accidents abroad

Apr 5, 2007
Visit site
Went to France last year with no problems. This year decided to read breakdown insurance stuff from caravan club. It mentions a European Accident Form, Insurance co says don't need it. Has anyone any thoughts?

Secondly any comments to make on breakdown/accident France or Spain.

Thankyou all.

Alex

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
It is true that you don't need it, but it does make things easier if you have it because it has a standard format which makes it readily understandable whatever the language.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I can back up what Lutz says, on our recent holiday we had 2 (minor) bumps! One in Italy, lady reversed out of driveway in front of us, resulting in a 5-10 mph collision, dented bumpers, etc. The other incident was when ANOTHER lady, this time in Germany took the door mirror of my parked car. (she reported herself to the police) On both occassions the other drivers produced European Accident Forms, in their own language, I was able to use my own accident form to 'translate' It certainly made things easier!!

JimF

Apr 5, 2007
Visit site
Thankyou all for your comments.

As a result contacted insurers again - Marks and Spencer, who in turn use HSBC. What a game. So far M&S have never heard of the form. Neither have replied to letter requests (sent original letter 17July). Lady called to say not necessary. Sent emails as well.

Moral so far is don't use M&S to insure car next year. Who do you insure with, (and recieve European Acc form) in order that can get quote next year?

Will post any result if it happens before we go.

Alex

May 18, 2007
Visit site
Off to France next week so have downloaded the French version Many thanks folks I was not aware of the need for such a form but it does make sense

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts