ace napoli with damp floor buying advice

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi all ,we are looking for our first motorhome and have been offered a ace napoli with damp issues its a 2007 but water has penetrated the floor from under the side trim ( we think ) and at the rear corner where damage to the bumper has damaged the seal so again the floor is ruined in this area ,now the price reflects this ,but where is the best place to look for repair methods ( it will need these areas replacing )or is it best left to experts .if so any recommendations in the south west ?,or is it best left full stop !,it seems a shame not to rescue it as otherwise its a lovely thing ,We would appreciate any thoughts/suggestions ,many thanks Tony

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi Tony, and welcome.
I'm not an expert on coachbuilts, but personally I'd be inclined to pass on this one, unless the price is a real giveaway. Repairing one with significant damp issues is a bit of a bottomless pit - you can never be quite sure you've completely nailed it.
There are plenty of other vans out there, especially at this time of year when more people are selling than buying.

Seeing your other post, how much thought have you given to your choice at this stage? It's important to think about the right layout, the ways you plan to use your van, and boring bits like size and payload.

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for that ,Its the price really that is the problem its about half price for one of the same model in excellent condition so you can see why i am tempted !,anyway will give it some more thought ,cheers

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm with Tony on this. Walk away unless you are competent to do the work yourself. The Ace Napoli wasn't one of Swifts best vans although I expect there will be dry ones about. The good thing about this van, other than its low price, is the acceptance it has damp. Have you checked to see whether there is any other damp?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts