Adding a leisure battery

Jul 24, 2005
Visit site
I've got a continental spec Adria with mains hook up running a step down transformer for the 12v equipment in the caravan. I 'd like to install a leisure battery to make us more independent. I've been quoted approx £500. As a reasonably competent DIY I can fit the battery box etc. Does anyone have advice about the electrics, isolating the transformer etc?

Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi, I would say the easiest way to add a leisure battery would be to fit something like a labcraft tp2 pack, which will charge the battery and supply 12 power this just plugs into a normal 240v socket and the 12v output then onto your 12v distribution board and then simply do away with your transformer, neat and quick. look at item No.4563421834 on ebay to see one.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi, I would say the easiest way to add a leisure battery would be to fit something like a labcraft tp2 pack, which will charge the battery and supply 12 power this just plugs into a normal 240v socket and the 12v output then onto your 12v distribution board and then simply do away with your transformer, neat and quick. look at item No.4563421834 on ebay to see one.
also No.4564248034

Jul 24, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for this Mark. One of the challenges is that there isn't a distribution unit or such. Everything comes off the PCB wired from the step down transformer. However that said your idea is worthy of consideration - I'll keep my out on eBay.

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts