Adjustable Shock Absorbers

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I currently tow with a 1997 Rover 825Si Auto Saloon and need to replace the rear shock absorbers. I have already fitted spring assisters but as the standard shocks are quite soft, I'm considering taking the opportunity to fit adjustable shock absorbers instead. Has anyone any experience of these with this car or using them for towing in general? If so, where can they be sourced and does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi shaun

we had a 1994 renault 19 turbo diesel and we decided to fit air adjustable shockers to it, they were great for towing our craftsmen miracle van we never had any problems with them, easy to fit too simple to to use as well, can't see you having any probs,we've just sold the car to our friends and now got a skoda octavia 1.9td.

regards wendy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Shaun - For the first time I now have a car with self levelling rear suspension and a noseweight limit of 90kg. As you can imagine when I hitch the van up with a noseweight of 80kg the car sinks considerably. Switch the engine on and it pumps itself up to level. It's the most stable outfit I've ever had (1800kg car pulling 1300kg van) I believe Monroe supply after fit self-levelling suspension kits. Probably quite costly but worth it!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts