Adria Caravan Ensuite Vanity Basin

LJS

May 13, 2024
Visit site
Just curious on anyone's thoughts in relation to how they find the design and application of the wash vanity basin on the Adria's which is situated above the toilet which requires it to be pushed into it's recess and then pulled out to wash hands etc after using the toilet. In my opinion it is a cumbersome design all for the purpose of saving space and having to go through this exercise every time you want to use the bathroom. Possibly not an issue for most and I am perhaps being a little pedantic. However, it's enough of an issue for me in overlooking Adria's until such time they decide to return to the more conventional design. I would think after some time, the flexi- hoses with constant pulling and pushing may present a fail issue eventually.

Cheers LJS

Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
We have 2009 432 with vanity outside far superior layout. Can setup toothbrushes etc without having put them away when using toilet or shower. I don't know why they moved vanity to over toilet and used space for more storage. We have more cupboard space than know what to do with. They is also lot space under both seats and bed.

If you do go for older models get one with kitchen next to double bed as it has extra bench space that folds down over bed.

2023 Swift Alpine 4 still uses this layout.
Pros. Oven, dual fuel heating & HW. (Our Altea is electric HW, gas heating). Smart control system. External battery box. More kitchen bench space.

2009 Altea 432
Pros. More payload (200vs 160kg), longer drawbar to carry ebikes. Lighter (MPTLM 100 vs 1300kg) Probably better build quality ie not likely to leak. Low tech control system ie less to go wrong. Shorter 6m vs 6.5m. No front window to leak or to be broken by stones when towing.

Dining area layout is personel choice thing. I prefer Swift's but Altea is OK.

The french bed isn't to bad to live with, wife is next to shower I'm against wall. Enough room for me to get in and out via end of bed without climbing over her. Can always make up the dining area bed if want to sleep separately.

While shower does involve wrap around curtain there is enough room without curtain getting in way. Unlike our previous 2 berth where it was like showering in curtain.
I assume swift would have just as much room.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve1962
Apr 19, 2023
Visit site
We had a 2016 Adria MH . It didn't have the bathroom sink design you have. Now we have a 2023 Adria Adora Seine caravan which also has a traditional sink layout. So I guess they no longer use the folding sink you describe. We did look at some when we first bought and it did put me off.

Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
We had a 2016 Adria MH . It didn't have the bathroom sink design you have. Now we have a 2023 Adria Adora Seine caravan which also has a traditional sink layout. So I guess they no longer use the folding sink you describe. We did look at some when we first bought and it did put me off.
2023 sink over toilet

2012 external vanity.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts