Adult only sites in France

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Do these exist or is it just in the uk. what i dont want what with the language barrier is to turn up at an adults only site only to find it was a nudist site or swingers, ere indoors would not be impressed.

Kevin H

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yes, I think that might be exactly what you would find, Kevin! I have certainly never come across a French site that did not accept children (although, out of high season, which is when we are now able to go away, there usually are very few children on sites).

French children on the whole are extremely well-mannered and well-behaved. I don't know whether the fact that they are much more fully-integrated into society as a whole is the cause, or the effect of that, but it is certainly the case. French families seem much readier to take their children to, for example, decent restaurants, than are most parents this side of the channel, but having got them there, they do demand good table manners and some sort of contribution to the general conversation.

Given this situation, why would anyone want or need separate provision?

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Thanks again Chrissie, we do go out of school holidays so it shouldnt be a problem just wondered if they had such a thing and if so we would have thought about it.

Kevin H

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There are some 'adult only' sites - they're advertised in the back of the Caravan Club magazine. I can give you details when my next magazine arrives (in the middle of doing up a house and all clutter has been consigned to the garage in boxes). They're usually run by Brits who are used to the concept from England. However, campsite owners we know well told us this year that they are thinking of setting up an adult only site - being fed up with the damage caused to the toilet blocks and other areas by unsupervised children. It should be a good one - watch this space.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts