Advanced search function not working

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Im using Bing via an Apple Mac with Safari and cannot get the 'Advanced Search' function to open. Is there a setting that needs changing or is it a website glitch?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Clive
I'll alert Haymarket, there are one or two software problems at the moment that need sorting out.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Parksy I was trying to use it to give a link to the OP who has just posted a thread relating to problems with Novosail awning cleaning. There were some posts a while back with someone else who had a poor outcome to an awning washing.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Clive
Unfortunately the recent post that you replied to with regard to a complaint against a named company has had to be removed from the message boards.
As far as I can tell the Advanced Search doesn't do anything, or at least it doesn't differ from the search box on the forum page.
I typed 'Awning Cleaning' into the search box and pages of previous content was shown but unfortunately for some reason the search software doesn't search recently added material, it seems to begin from about a year ago and go back to 2005 but in no particular order. The search function depends very much on what is entered into the search enquiry which makes the process very hit or miss at times.
smiley-frown.gif

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Sprocket
yes that was the one but as the recent one naming a company has been removed there's nowhere to post the link.
The Search function used to be better than it is now. It allowed date periods, Poster, Forum section as a means of refining your query. Other Forums I use have acceptable search capability, you must be more patient than I am!
Thanks
otherclive

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
otherclive said:
Nice one! Perhaps when you hit Advanced Search a flag should come up and say 'Go to Google'.
I cannot tell a lie! I have to confess that I didn't knock myself out when looking for the awning topic because I knew that the post in question would be binned anyway
smiley-cool.gif

TRENDING THREADS