Advice getting around London whilst towing pse.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
We are travelling on a weekday from the North to CMC Crystal Palace soon - the various travel limitations were not even thought of last time we went there!
Can any South Londoners reading this give me tips please. I suspect we will go M11/N Circ/Blackwall Tunnel but what is the best way after that? My view is A2/A205 (Westhorne Avenue)/Perry Hill/Sydenham Road/Sydenham Hill to the site but is this the best route compatible with towing a van?

Any suggestions or info on roadworks etc would be greatly appreciated.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Woodentop said:
We are travelling on a weekday from the North to CMC Crystal Palace soon - the various travel limitations were not even thought of last time we went there!
Can any South Londoners reading this give me tips please. I suspect we will go M11/N Circ/Blackwall Tunnel but what is the best way after that? My view is A2/A205 (Westhorne Avenue)/Perry Hill/Sydenham Road/Sydenham Hill to the site but is this the best route compatible with towing a van?

Need to check that your tow car meets the emission requirements of the various London emission zones.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Why go through the Blackwall tunnel that is miles round and you are having to go further into London and you are also entering the congestion zone, I would go M11 , North Circular then sign posted Woolwich Ferry, (its free) and avouds the zone just follow the signs round to the ferry and on the Woolwich side you are straight on to the south circular follow it round to Syd/ Chrystal Palace or follow CMC route from the circular typical London driving traffic everywhere,

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
otherclive said:
Woodentop said:

Need to check that your tow car meets the emission requirements of the various London emission zones.

Car is Passat Estate 150CR TDi and Euro6 so no problem there.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
camel said:
Why go through the Blackwall tunnel that is miles round and you are having to go further into London and you are also entering the congestion zone, I would go M11 , North Circular then sign posted Woolwich Ferry, (its free) and avouds the zone just follow the signs round to the ferry and on the Woolwich side you are straight on to the south circular follow it round to Syd/ Chrystal Palace or follow CMC route from the circular typical London driving traffic everywhere,

If I go M11, N Circ, A12, Blackwall Tunnel to S Circ and then out to Crystal Palace AFAICS I don't go within miles of the Congestion zone or the LEZ (which doesn't affect cars anyway) and my car is Euro6 so has no issues with the ULEZ. Thanks for the contribution anyway.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Thats ok but I thought the new congestion charge zone followed the inner ring road which takes in the Blackwall tunnelbut I could be wrong,

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
camel said:
Thats ok but I thought the new congestion charge zone followed the inner ring road which takes in the Blackwall tunnelbut I could be wrong,

This link shows the area of the Congestion Charging Zone and the Ultra-Low emissions zone (ULEZ). They are the same, but ULEZ is operational 24/7 and the CC operates Monday-Friday 07:00-18:00. Sites such as Caravan Club Abbey Wood are outside the zone.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
CustardAvenger said:
camel said:

This link shows the area of the Congestion Charging Zone and the Ultra-Low emissions zone (ULEZ). They are the same, but ULEZ is operational 24/7 and the CC operates Monday-Friday 07:00-18:00. Sites such as Caravan Club Abbey Wood are outside the zone.

...except I'm going to Crystal Palace?

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Woodentop said:
CustardAvenger said:
camel said:

...except I'm going to Crystal Palace?

Which is also outside the CC&ULEZ,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts