Advice on Buying a New Caravan - Best Price - Advice Please

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
We are a family looking to buy our first caravan (2 children aged 4 and 8) having had many European Mobile Home Holidays with Keycamp and Thompson. The caravan would be mainly used in Mainland Europe for 2 months every year and we are attracted to the Swift Challenger range, particularly the 540 as it has a fixed bed and is within the weights of our tow car.
We are looking to buy either a new 2011 caravan at the forthcoming NEC show or a 2010 Ex Demo Model.
I request advice from other Forum Members regarding the below:
  • What sort of discounts on the list price could we expect buying at the show?
  • When would be the best time to buy a 2010 Ex Demo Caravan in order to get the best price and what sort of discount could I expect?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I can't help with the level of discounts available at the NEC Robert, a lot depends on the bouyancy of new caravan sales at the time.
Three years ago when we bought from the NEC we found that dealers were offering better discounts in the first couple of days of the show when they hadn't sold many new models but by the end of the week the available discounts were less.
This month is a good time to buy current models from dealers forecourts and not all of these will have been demonstrators.
Many dealers will be looking to shift stock to make room for the newer models.
The back inside cover of this months (November issue) Practical Caravan magazine carries a two page advert from Michael Jordans (Guildford) giving details of their end of season sale and their preview weekend and many dealers will be following suit before the NEC show

The Three Counties Caravan Show at Malvern Showground at the end of September offers a chance to preview new models and check out available discounts in the midlands before the NEC show.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts