Advice on Water filters

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
I am looking for some advice on Water Filters, My van doesnt currently have a water filter, and I would like to fit one to help with quality of drinking water. Could anyone steer me in the right direction. Thanks

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
David, I fail to see where a water filter will improve what is already, in the UK at least, the best water supply in the world.

Questions to ask yourself are,,Do you use a special filter at home?

If not why would you suddenly feel the need for one in your caravan?

Unless you are meticulously vigilant and change the filter very frequently, and not just once per year, you are introducing a superb breeding ground for all kinds of bugs which you really do not want or need.

Then ask if the cost is worthwhile? I would suggest it is not.

Now ask why manufacturers hav ealmost all stopped fitting filters, apart from being a cost cutting exercise, it is because you really do not need one.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Filtapac make/sell a range of filters - I use the Econoflow 2000 which can have it's carbon element replaced each year at reasonable cost.

I see the state of my filter when I renew it each year, I'm glad it's there.

Domestic water quality is a known standard and is sealed all the way to the kitchen tap - between a site water point, aquaroll, caravan pump inlet there's plenty of opportunity for debris to enter the system.

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
and for that there is a filtre on the pump.

sorry roger, that was not meant to be sarcastic, but I removed the filtre on my van for the very reason stated by damian I do however have a sponge particle filtre (like the one made for pond pumps) fitted over the submersible whale end just in case

any debris goes in while filling, other debris can be kept out of the aqua roll when in use by securing the soft rubber cap (the one attached to the pipe)with a tyewrap.

colin

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
We have an in line filter at home which the suppliers are sharp to remind needs changing every 12 months.

In the van we use one of the slim Brita jugs which will sit in the fridge door nicely if required.

Bill

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts