Advice please - Caravan Club Insurance

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

Firstly, apologies as this is a rather long story, but I'm really hoping somebody can help.

We have our caravan insured with the CC, the Super 5 C's policy. Part of the insurance covers us if our car breaks down, for recovery of the car, a hire vehicle so we can carry on with our holiday, and the return of our vehicle to a local garage. The CC provide a 24 hour helpline for this.

Well we broke down on the way to our Easter break, and duly tried the 24 hour helpline, only to be told they had no knowledge of what I was talking about, they were just legal advice. So I tried all the numbers on my CC membership card, but as it was about 6pm, all the offices were closed. Eventually I rang Mayday, and paid for them to collect us, and take us home. As the next day was Good Friday, all the CC offices were still closed, I tried the 24 Helpline again, but got the same response. I tried all the local hire car companies on Saturday but could not get a suitable towing vehicle for love nor money. So the Easter break was spent at home, with 2 disapointed children, whilst my parents were on the CL waiting for us.

Now, obviously I have spoken to the CC about this, who firstly denied the breakdown part of the policy existed, but after he read the policy booklet properly, apologised and said he would come back to me. Well, he did, told me the CC have printed the wrong number and so it was their fault, and we have been offered £25 in Marks and Spencer vouchers, and basically been told to take it or leave it. To tell the truth, I am insulted. Between myself and my husband, we lost 4 days annual leave from work. We cannot ever get those days back, and I really expected more from the CC. I see what they have done as a breach of contract. and I am not prepared to accept their offer, they have not even reimbursed us the £90 we paid Mayday, to which we are entitled anyway. But I don't know where to go from here.

Apologies again for the long post, does anyone have any ideas please?

Debra

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Sorry to hear about your problems.

Have you tried visiting your local Citizens Advice Bureau, with all your paperwork, to see what they suggest. I would have thought that the least you could do is to start an action through the Small Claims Court.

Looking on the Caravan Club web site the bit about the Super 5C's cover definitely states that transportation and recovery expenses are covered so how can they say it isn't?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts