Advice Please - European breakdown cover

Mar 23, 2006
Visit site
Hi I am looking for some advice please. My husband and I are in the process planning an extended tour of Europe (approx 9 months) which we hope to start in September. We are towing our caravan (Abi Dalesman 520)with a Landrover County. I am having difficulty finding breakdown cover, as many policies only allow you to be abroad for a set amount of days or the car needs to be less than 10 years old. The landrover is a 1989, it has had major work done to it to prepare it for the trip so we feel it is reliable. Any advice would be appreciated, also any info on good sites etc.

Many Thanks Julie

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Julie, you will find that nearly all the B/Dn providers will not cover vehicles over 10 Yrs old, unless you pay another premium on top of the normal amount. How ever I,ve found that with my Insurance for my 93 Rangie, that Green Flag/National Breakdown will recover me and my van whilst abroad. This is for only a short holiday period I must add, not for extended touring of Europe. Have you tried C/Club and the C,C/Clubs. They both doo recovery deals and may be able to advise on which way to go. Best of luck and have a good holiday, Bazz.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Julie, just spoke to the Insurance provider for my S2 Land rover, and they will cover older vehicles going abroad. Firebond is the name and they are on 0870-444-0556. There's a long intro untill you get to speak to someone, but they may just tick the right box for you. Bazz.

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
Hi Julie,

We had the same problem as you last year although only away for three months - found MoreThan was the cheapest by a long way -

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts