Aero press coffee maker

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
For years I have used Tassimo pods but the restrictions on recycling the used pods has stung. Although now I can obtain Podback bags which when filled go away via Yodel. But even though they may be recycled I’d rather not use the material in the first place or use food /car miles to recycle them.

So I’ve been comparing the options of coffee bags, cafetière coffee and then came across Aeropress which has some attractions in that anything left over such as coffee grounds and filters can be put on the garden or composted. Plus I can use gas to heat up the water. Anyone used one of these contraptions? Not interested in bean roasting or grinding devices😂

Last edited:

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
I got the Aeropress Go for christmas. It produces the best coffee I've ever had. Even Mrs. V, who usualy drinks tea has taken to it. I have mine black, she likes a Mocha. You can make two cups in it. Basically it makes an expresso which you then add hot water to suit. Just like and Americano. Great for travelling as well.

Easy to use although you need a bit of wellie to push the plunger down. Easy to empty straight into the compost bin and easy to clean.

Far superior to the old Cafeteire. Of course still depends on what you put in it. We use Cafe Direct Machu Picchu

Reactions: otherclive
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
We have been using a bean to cup for about 10 years now. But we did use an Aeropress when we had the caravan. It was a different taste, but still very nice. A great little gadget.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thank you both, looks like my Fathers Day present is sorted and the planet is a little bit saved.
Tassimo machine anyone? One careful owner. 😂

Reactions: Hutch
Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
Until the medical profession suggested I reduce my coffee intake to zero, I used the Aeropress religiously. Superb cup of proper coffee very quickly, and easy disposal of the grounds... Gives me a longing now thinking about it

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Until the medical profession suggested I reduce my coffee intake to zero, I used the Aeropress religiously. Superb cup of proper coffee very quickly, and easy disposal of the grounds... Gives me a longing now thinking about it
It has been suggested by the medical profession that I cut down on coffee and tea so I switched to decaf tea and decaf coffee. As a treat I do have on cup of normal coffee latte once a day.

However I was told to drink as much liquid as possible each day, but they never mentioned whether this included alcohol and I never queried this. LOL!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts