Agde or Cap d' Agde

Feb 28, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

Has anyone stayed on any sites in this area, we haved stayed at Marsellian Plage and like the area, but are wanting to try a different site,we stayed at Charlemagne last time.

Thank you

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
We've stayed at Domaine de Champs Blanc at Agde, and Camping Neptune at Grau d'Agde - different types of site, Champs Blanc is big with a super pool complex, and some 'iffy' pitches but a lovely restaurant and all the big site facilities, plus you can have your own private bathroom. Neptune is a family-run site, small pool, good pitches, and nicely situated alongside the Herault river - walking distance into Grau d'Agde where there is a lovely beach, and also into Agde itself and the Canal du Midi.

I don't like Cap d'Agde - too new, modern, and soulless for me - and the main beaches are really busy - but there's a lovely beach at the volcanic outflow bit which is quite surreal.

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
We hope to visit the South of France in the Agde area, approaching from Carcasonne, visiting the beaches (need some sun) then heading north towards Clermont. Does anyone have any recommendations for sites in this area, preferably Camping Cheque. We will be travelling early September.

Thank you.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Both the above sites are Camping Cheque sites - and start accepting them again about the third week in August. We've stayed, several times, on both. Champs Blancs will give you a pitch with private bathroom, in with the price of your Camping Cheque - which is really nice, but the cabin can intrude on some of the space on the pitch, and depending on your outfit you may not have room for an awning. We bought a pergola the first time we were there because it was so hot and we needed some extra shade but our standard caravan awning wouldn't fit.

On the way back to Clermont Ferrand worth a detour is the Gorges du Tarn area - Les Peupliers is another Camping Cheque site there - just for the stunning views, and the wildlife. You'll get to go over the Millau viaduct too whilst in that area.

Both these areas are places we've been back to many times in the past so if I can help at all just post again.

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
Both the above sites are Camping Cheque sites - and start accepting them again about the third week in August. We've stayed, several times, on both. Champs Blancs will give you a pitch with private bathroom, in with the price of your Camping Cheque - which is really nice, but the cabin can intrude on some of the space on the pitch, and depending on your outfit you may not have room for an awning. We bought a pergola the first time we were there because it was so hot and we needed some extra shade but our standard caravan awning wouldn't fit.

On the way back to Clermont Ferrand worth a detour is the Gorges du Tarn area - Les Peupliers is another Camping Cheque site there - just for the stunning views, and the wildlife. You'll get to go over the Millau viaduct too whilst in that area.

Both these areas are places we've been back to many times in the past so if I can help at all just post again.
Thank you Val, that is more than helpful. I have also looked them up on the Camping Cheque site and they look interesting.

In your previous comment you mention 'the volcanic outflow bit'-what is that?

Thank you again

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts