Air awnings

Jun 20, 2020
Visit site
I would like to buy an air awning for a seasonal pitched caravan. However, we have decking outside the caravan and only have a maximum height is 2.15m - awnings we have looked at have a height restriction of 2.35- 2.50m. Can you buy an awning with our height restriction or can they be altered???

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I would like to buy an air awning for a seasonal pitched caravan. However, we have decking outside the caravan and only have a maximum height is 2.15m - awnings we have looked at have a height restriction of 2.35- 2.50m. Can you buy an awning with our height restriction or can they be altered???
I have no personal experience with the air awnings, but my immediate concern would be leaving it on a seasonal pitch unattended as with most air products wouldn't it loose air over time? Would you not be better going for a traditional awning, may save the site owners ringing you on a regular basis saying it's deflated again. Just a thought.

Reactions: ProfJohnL
Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
An air awning is not a good choice for a seasonal pitch for the reasons already mentioned . I think you will also struggle to get an air awning to sit properly on a caravan with the height you’ve got as unlike a poled awning they have no adjustments to cater for anything other than a standard height caravan and perfectly flat pitch.
I gather from your post that the height of your deck has reduced the available height. Older caravans with a ‘boat’ roof had a lower awning rail height. You may be able to find a good secondhand Isabella that would fit better
Difficult one.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
If I remember correctly manufacturers of air awnings do not recommend them for seasonal sites. Why not check with the manufacturer of your preferred brand or go to the NEC Caravan show in October.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I think when we were Seasonal we brought Outdoor Revolution Pro Integra Awning it had Carbon Poles and it was great it was left up . (nobody had Air Awning ) but you have adjust your decking so the awning fits...
Isabella awning are good for all seasonal

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts