Akebar park, North Yorkshire

Oct 18, 2006
Visit site
I hve just returned from a weeks hols, which were not the best i went to stay at akebar i was due to stay there for 4 nights but had to leave after just 2 nights. There were only a few others tourers there, i decided to pitch beside the pond however the caravans behind us took exception to us being there. They could not just ask us to find another pitch but instead on the sunday night we were playing xbox and they went and sneaked down the side of the caravan and stole the a 40ltr aquaroll. There were 2 tourers one which was a swift challanger 520 being towed by a 4x4 and the other a ABI or ACE being towed by a 406 blue estate. And it was wet on the monday when leaving and one of our cars got stuck in the mud and they came and pushed it out just to get rid of us.(they even said they would use the 4x4 to get us off site if needed) We will not be using that site again and would strongly recommend if anyone plans to use this site then do not pitch infront of these outfits or you will have stuff nicked or possibly vandalised. The site owners were a bit surprised when we said why we were leaving we just got a refund for the 2 nights we did not stay before we left.

Jun 24, 2007
Visit site
Cheers Andrew,We Won't be going there then.....Why not try Flower of May in Filey. We have just returned from a weekend away there. it was lovely and quiet, we stayed on a star pitch which was right out of the way of all the hussle and bustle of other vans. gorgious Fish and Chips on site too. Excellent Carboot on Sunday Morning at bottom of road,its near to Scarborough,Bridlington, Whitby, etc...First class shower/toilet blocks too.

Mar 21, 2005
Visit site
Cheers Andrew,We Won't be going there then.....Why not try Flower of May in Filey. We have just returned from a weekend away there. it was lovely and quiet, we stayed on a star pitch which was right out of the way of all the hussle and bustle of other vans. gorgious Fish and Chips on site too. Excellent Carboot on Sunday Morning at bottom of road,its near to Scarborough,Bridlington, Whitby, etc...First class shower/toilet blocks too.
Sorry you fell out with other touring caravan users of this park. If you were certain someone stole something from you, you should always call the police and let them sort it out.

Akebar is a personal favourite of ours and we have been going there for many years. Outside of the Bank Holidays (when all good parks are full), it's one of the most beautiful and peaceful parks in Yorkshire. We are going again this weekend takling the golf clubs and will have lovely break.

TRENDING THREADS