Al-ko ATC 2 …. A retrograde step or an improvement?

Apr 13, 2021
Visit site
Has anyone experience of the latest version? Version 2.?
I have problem with mine and the dealer has to have it in, to plug it into their mains powered tester for 15 hours to reset it! It’s travelled under 400miles. Seems crazy! I have seen posts that with the last model you simply had to unplug it for 5 seconds! Progress?

Does anyone know the the differences between the two versions? The supposed improvements?

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
My understanding is that the original version needed 12-24 hours plugged in to clear the activation memory once it was full - and poor adjustment could cause it to activate frequently - perhaps your 2nd generation is simply doing the same.

Reactions: Malx
Apr 13, 2021
Visit site
Thanks, I have not used the van as much has hoped and not explored all the “toys“ that came with it. There is a rear view camera (not got that to work yet) and I saw an app somewhere which monitored the the ATC. I left it monitoring on one trip and came across 1 incident. I had noticed nothing to suggest the ATC had been activated. So it doesn’t seem to be activating much. I wonder how many incidents can it record, and why are they being recorded? Who is this recorded data intended for? it does seem strange its so hard to wipe this. If there is an app then is there an option to wipe ? I managed to find a reference to the log file you mentioned (it made searches easier when I know what I am looking for!)

the fault exhibited itself just as I was about to drive it away after a service. No one knew anything about the problem, suggesting it would need a new unit (“but you can’t get them … new vans supplied without it being fitted”). They were desperate for me to take the the van away as they were short of space. Wish I had kept the old van!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Can you not use the caravan with the ATC disconnected? After all it’s only a secondary safety device not a critical one. If as you say it only activated once then your outfit was loaded and driven without concern, and it’s activation might have been due to something as simple as negotiating a traffic island.

Apr 13, 2021
Visit site
The fault appeared as I was about to drive home from the dealer. They tested it and decide it was the caravan. There was a steady red LE D. They did some work underneath to allow it to be driven. Then suggested it would need a new unit. It since transpires that it could have been used, without them doing underneath. They didnt know what the fault meant. I should have looked in the manual! So wrong to expect the experts to know!

Yes it can be used, but need to let insurance company know.

Reactions: Buckman

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts