Alarm Problem on Senator Series 6

Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi, my alarm keeps going off on our Carolina, it seems to happen when the wind gets up. Is there a tilt sensor somewhere in the van (I cant find one and used to have one on our previous Swift caravan). Or any other ideas why it would go off when it gets blustery? Any help, much appreciated. Thanks, Brian

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Brian,

I have a Wyoming series 6 and can confirm that the series 6 alarm does not have a tilt sensor (would've got an extra discount from my insurance if it did).

The only thing I can think of is that when it gets a bit blustery a curtain or something is moving and setting of the sensor. I've read of these sensors being able to be triggered by small insects crawling across them but to be honest I've never had any false alarms from mine so not sure how accurate that claim is.

Robert

Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Robert

strange one this. The caravan is on the driveway and has only started going off since I last put it back, but nose down. I've gone back out today and got it perfectly level and it hasn't gone off (yet!). I would have thought it must have a tilt sensor or mercury switch somewhere on the van to sense if someone is trying to hitch it up/tow it away. I'll keep an eye on it and hope for the best.

Cheers

Brian

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Brian,

I went into the alarm set up at some length when I bought the van, contacting both Bailey and Tracker.

According to them both, because the van is fitted with Tracker it was felt an alarm with tilt sensor was not required. The internal alarm has only the p.i.r. to detect movement within the caravan. Personally I would have preferred them not to heve bothered fitting the alarm as standard. I would have fitted one of my own choosing with both p.i.r. and tilt sensor. As mentioned in earlier post this would have qualified for additional insurance discount.

Robert

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
If you try and lift the van with the alarm set on my Clubman SE the alarm goes off, found this by accident when tracker rang me when l forgot to shut the alarm down before l hitched up, maybe mine has a tilt sensor fitted not sure better check it out.

Heethers

May 6, 2010
Visit site
If you try and lift the van with the alarm set on my Clubman SE the alarm goes off, found this by accident when tracker rang me when l forgot to shut the alarm down before l hitched up, maybe mine has a tilt sensor fitted not sure better check it out.

Heethers
Hi Brian,

Have you replaced the battery in the sensor? When it gets low on power it can and does set off the alarm. It takes a 9volt battery, simply undo the small screw at the bottom of the sensor and replace the battery. Simples!!

I hope it works for you.

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi Brian,

Have you replaced the battery in the sensor? When it gets low on power it can and does set off the alarm. It takes a 9volt battery, simply undo the small screw at the bottom of the sensor and replace the battery. Simples!!

I hope it works for you.

Sorry pasted it in the wrong place first time!

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi Again,

If replacing the battery does not do the trick you probably need a new sensor. Until then you can either remove the battery from the sensor or disconnect the siren. You will probably find the siren under the front seat near the door. With the alarn siren disconnected you can at least set it on so that tracker is active. I made up a lead with an led so that I could tell when the alarm was on. If you remove the siren you don't get the peep/peep on and peep off. The diode flashes in the same sequence.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts