Alcoholic Beverage

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I notice from reading certain postings, especially the new members site, that the vast majority of caravanners are boardering on becoming alcoholics. A lot of postings are making reference to wine, lager, whisk(e)y, etc. Therefore what is the most popular drink enjoyed whilst caravanning? As my wife is tea-total and I am not far short of it I do enjoy the occassional single malt Irish whiskey, have not had a glass of wine for years. Any offers on your tipple?

Mar 24, 2006
Visit site
Hi Colin

We like wine rather than spirits usually, although Anthony is tempted by a rum and blackcurrent very occasionally. Wine wise we like Gewertztramminer (white) -Rosemounts GTR is refreshing and usually quite light 11% or so and Semillon/Chardonnay (Rosemount again)Morrisons and Tesco.Reds try Bordeaux they are usually merlot grape based/blends.Some red spanish wines are beeeautiful - XV du President from Laithewaites is a good heavier red 15% and I think its on offer at the moment, but you can buy singles. We only really started on wines five years ago

cant drink anything else now!

Helen

Jul 17, 2005
Visit site
The first question to ask is what time of day is it?

Not even I have sarted at breakfast (yet) but lunch time could be a cold can of Stella, or a nice glass of Chardonnay with a pasta dish, as the afternoon continues keep with the white or do we (Emma the wife) have a large G&T, though this should be only be the caravan bottle holder shaped Plymouth Gin.

Now while I cook time to open a bottle of red, nice Chilean Malbec or a Cab Sav?

Mmmmmm take me there........

Fouldsy

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Colin

We like wine rather than spirits usually, although Anthony is tempted by a rum and blackcurrent very occasionally. Wine wise we like Gewertztramminer (white) -Rosemounts GTR is refreshing and usually quite light 11% or so and Semillon/Chardonnay (Rosemount again)Morrisons and Tesco.Reds try Bordeaux they are usually merlot grape based/blends.Some red spanish wines are beeeautiful - XV du President from Laithewaites is a good heavier red 15% and I think its on offer at the moment, but you can buy singles. We only really started on wines five years ago

cant drink anything else now!

Helen
Just ordered 12 bottles of Xv and 12 Willy Willy? with free chopper!

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Hi Colin

Well I like sparkling rose and white (saumur) Vouvray only from one place wine named Brissbarre (muelleiux and demi sec).

On the whiskey front I like Cardhu single malt( you can't get it anymore it's now 2 malts) anyone with a bottle should hang on to it. Also Dimple haven't had any for a few years though.

Hubby likes all red wine still or sparkling, dry whites, beer and whiskey, he has a 20 year malt that cost enough.

We have about 250 bottles of wine left in our little cellar in the garage (I know, should have them stored better but still waiting on buying our house, it's 4 months since we started that process).

We need to restock a bit but it's always time and which area needs attention first.

But no were not alcoholics just have some.....

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
I wana tell you a story.

Some years ago I was in Kent on Buisiness. (when I did a propper job) and stayed with a friend. While the meal was cooking I sugested that I went to get a couple of bottles of something red. My friend came with me.

The local supermarket was found to have an offer of Lindermans Pyrus. (b4 they became part of penfolds) and a disgruntled employee pointed out that the wine was on offer but that the per bottle price had been mis-typed as the per case price. He told me that the mistake was also on the 'puter.

Mindfull of the effect this could have on the share price I only bought 12 cases ( ok I lie. That was all they had).

We now have two at New year and the odd other so I recon they will see me out. In 1995 the year I bought was

May 18, 2006
Visit site
Gin and Tonic once the outfit is set up, couple of glasses of wine (red one night and then white the next) with/after meal. Then a couple of tins of beer while playing games with the kids or watching telly.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts